Set prices by Category or Sub-Category?

Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited December 3, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
There doesn't appear to be a way set prices by category or sub-category. Or maybe I'm missing it. Am i missing it? :scratch

I'd like to have a pre-holiday print sale for all of my 2008 clients. I have all of my 2008 client in a category called Weddings-2008. And then each customer's gallery is in there own sub-category. It would be great to be able to discount any gallery in that category (and underlying sub-categories).

Setting prices by gallery is ok if you have a small number of galleries but someone like myself who has about 6-8 galleries per client, it's painful. And when I attempt to set prices by gallery, it shows every gallery in my entire site, which is hundreds of galleries. :rolleyes

Are there any plans in the future to be able to set prices by category and sub-category? That would be great.

So I'll wait to see what folks say. If there isn't a way to do this then I guess I will have to manually select all 90 something galleries, then do it all again when the sales end. Oy.

Comments

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    There doesn't appear to be a way set prices by category or sub-category. Or maybe I'm missing it. Am i missing it? headscratch.gif

I'd like to have a pre-holiday print sale for all of my 2008 clients. I have all of my 2008 client in a category called Weddings-2008. And then each customer's gallery is in there own sub-category. It would be great to be able to discount any gallery in that category (and underlying sub-categories).

Setting prices by gallery is ok if you have a small number of galleries but someone like myself who has about 6-8 galleries per client, it's painful. And when I attempt to set prices by gallery, it shows every gallery in my entire site, which is hundreds of galleries. rolleyes1.gif

Are there any plans in the future to be able to set prices by category and sub-category? That would be great.

So I'll wait to see what folks say. If there isn't a way to do this then I guess I will have to manually select all 90 something galleries, then do it all again when the sales end. Oy.
    Hi Lou,

Sorry but there's no way to discount by Category or Subcategory at this time. What you can do is you can price one gallery and then copy that pricing to the other galleries you want to discount. Then when your sale is over you can apply the old pricing back to your galleries.

I think Category pricing is a good idea and we've heard it as a Feature Request before. I'll pass it on to the developers again.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    gluwater wrote:
    Hi Lou,

Sorry but there's no way to discount by Category or Subcategory at this time. What you can do is you can price one gallery and then copy that pricing to the other galleries you want to discount. Then when your sale is over you can apply the old pricing back to your galleries.

I think Category pricing is a good idea and we've heard it as a Feature Request before. I'll pass it on to the developers again.

Bummer. Ok I guess I have to manually select each gallery. I think there are almost 100. rolleyes1.gif

But yes, please pass that on. That would be great and I think many people beside me would love to be able to grab and price galleries by category or sub-cat.

I would also love to do other things that way.

I'd love to apply quick settings by cat or sub-cat. And themes. And watermarks. And the other settings in our control panel. Apply (fill in the blank) to a cat or sub-cat. It seems so logical to me.

Thanks for listening!
  • SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    Bummer. Ok I guess I have to manually select each gallery. I think there are almost 100. rolleyes1.gif

But yes, please pass that on. That would be great and I think many people beside me would love to be able to grab and price galleries by category or sub-cat.

I would also love to do other things that way.

I'd love to apply quick settings by cat or sub-cat. And themes. And watermarks. And the other settings in our control panel. Apply (fill in the blank) to a cat or sub-cat. It seems so logical to me.

Thanks for listening!

I presume you know that you can set portfolio pricing? This prices all of your galleries at once. This help page explains how to price your galleries. Click on the blue "step 1: your portfolio" text for info on portfolio pricing.

Shay.
  • Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    Seamus wrote:
    I presume you know that you can set portfolio pricing? This prices all of your galleries at once. This help page explains how to price your galleries. Click on the blue "step 1: your portfolio" text for info on portfolio pricing.

Shay.

Yes, I'm aware. I don't wan't to do that though. I only want to markdown galleries for my 2008 Wedding Customers. Only galleries in my "Weddings_2008" category. I guess there's no way. Looks like I have to hand select them gallery by gallery. ne_nau.gif