Anyone tried the Totally Rad Actions?

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited December 2, 2008 in Finishing School
I keep hearing about them from other boards, but wondered if anyone here had used them. (Here is a link: http://www.totallyradactions.com/#rockin-photoshop-actions-7a1d9 )
I have used other action sets before and haven't really found any that I could tolerate very well. But the reviews on this one are so good that perhaps I would like to try them. But the $279 for both sets is a bit of a deterrent.

So, if you have them, could you please let me know your opinion of them.
Is it worth the moolah?

Comments

• patsy easleypatsy easley Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    I have not used them but I have seen a lot of work from people that do. They will let you sample some of them if you go to the "try em" link. I am refusing to try them until I have the money put back in case I fall in love with them.
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    I have them and use them sparingly. I find I keep going to the Kubota actions more. ne_nau.gif I enjoy playing with TR's Caffeine Jolt actions, but I'm severely annoyed that every single one of those actions includes a blur layer/soft glow effect. Some of them I can turn off, a couple I can't without losing the toning. I'm not a big fan of soft focus/glow effects.

I haven't played overly much with TR's other sets, though I have them. Kubota just suits my personal style more often. thumb.gif