Options

Any one else having trouble getting pictures shipped in a timely fasion?

NorthernBuckNorthernBuck Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
edited December 14, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I'm starting to get quite frustrated and wanted to know if I'm the only one or if any of you are having the same problem I'm having. I shoot high school and college sports for parents and I'm being contacted way too often by customers about orders they have not received. Do any of you have this same issue or do your customers seem to be getting what they order and in a timely manor?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    Hi!

Can you elaborate more? Do you have customers that never received their order? If so, can we get the order#? We guarantee everything, unconditionally - no matter the reason, weather, bad postal carrier, lost, stolen, damaged, anything. http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-guarantee

Also we'd like to know what ship method is chosen by the customer.

We ship tens of thousands of orders a week - and they usually arrive on time :D

Looking forward to helping you!
  • Options
    NorthernBuckNorthernBuck Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    I mean no disrespect to you Andy but I've been more specific with many different e-mails in the last month to the "help" team and things don't seem to be getting any better. Orders are going close to a month for delivery on some orders and over for others. I myself have ordered 2 different times and had the orders not arrive within 3 weeks. I even had to get prints at wal-mart to fill an order that had to be delivered to someone going on vacation and ordered well ahead of time so they would have the pictures to deliver to family on this vacation. This post is more about finding out if I'm an isolated case or if this is happening to others who think they are the only one. I'm not trying to cause any problems for smugmug but if its happening this much to me then it seems like it is probably happening to others.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    So I got your email too - yes, this is isolated, you can see by the gazillion happy emails and posts we get all the time - but that does not mean we won't get to the bottom of what happened to you! I'll be back to you after I've investigated, thanks for emailing me and bringing this to my attention!
  • Options
    waynedsargentwaynedsargent Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    order time
    I too have been getting slow service on deliveries. i live in maine and our postal system sucks. But the deliveries have been taking way longer than usual. I have also had 2 customer orders take in the vicinity of 14-18 days. I almost claimed one the other day but the customer ended up receiving the prints.ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    Rich828Rich828 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited December 12, 2008
    Processing time has been great
    Andy wrote:
    So I got your email too - yes, this is isolated, you can see by the gazillion happy emails and posts we get all the time - but that does not mean we won't get to the bottom of what happened to you! I'll be back to you after I've investigated, thanks for emailing me and bringing this to my attention!

I had a client place an order for 463 prints on tuesday evening and it was in fedex on wednesday evening. Awesome Job!!!!!
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2008
    I placed an order Wednesday evening, but still hasn't shipped yet. Really hoping it ships asap as I need to distribute the photos to parents by mid week next week.

My last print order though I ordered over 1,000 photos and they were at the clients house crazy fast. I think they shipped the day after I ordered them.
  • Options
    du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2008
    On Tuesday, I placed an order through EZPrints - it was for panos, so I had to go straight through them. They claim roughly 24 hour turn-around, but on Friday, I noticed that the order still hadn't shipped according to their website. These were Christmas Gifts. So, I called, and they said that during peak times, it may take up to 72 hours. But, they had a manager or something make sure that my order got processed right away. So, I got the e-mail this morning confirming shipping.

It was a frustrating situation (having nothing to do with Smuggy), but I thought it was handled reasonably...
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • Options
    bkatzbkatz Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    The issue appears to be standard shipping (the cheapest). Fed Ex works great but I no longer recommend standard shipping. I have had orders arrive 10 business days after they were shipped to NJ from Georgia (this is after receiving the shipping email).