Which one, please?

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited May 15, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
21906796-L.jpg

21906795-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Number one for me ginge..:D I like the soft tone
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2005
    Numero uno.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2005
    Thanks, Lynn and Johno, I was thinking that, too, but I wasn't sure. I think that, in some way, she belongs to the "real" church photographer. He had them wait for me to get a new CF card and change lenses.

He is also the one who always says, "remember, you can't use that without a release". That is in relation to photos of him. I just laugh.

g (I entered a photo of him in a challenge, didn't even make the finals, I told him that. I think he got a kick out of it NOT making the finals):D
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2005
    gotta be #1.

Did you try doing some gaussian blur on the surrounding people? I think this would really emphasize the "oneness" in this shot.

mitch
    edited May 12, 2005
    edited May 12, 2005
    No, it may be about right. The trick is to keep the child the center of attention, and not the blur. Kind of as in invisible blur.

Did you go to all the work of outlining the child, or as some might say, Masking, or was there a simpler way?

thanks,
    g
  • T4TotsT4Tots Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2005
    I like the first one and the one with blur added
    Tina Folsom :lust
    Photographer and Mom of Four!
    ginger_55 wrote:
    No, it may be about right. The trick is to keep the child the center of attention, and not the blur. Kind of as in invisible blur.

Did you go to all the work of outlining the child, or as some might say, Masking, or was there a simpler way?

thanks,
    g
    Was no trouble at all. I just roughly used the magnetic lasso around the child and applied the blur to everything else. I did it in about 2 minutes in between patients while in my office!

mitch
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2005
    the first one, what a great capture g! clap.gif
    edited May 14, 2005
    This is the one I entered? I tried to make it as much like Mitchell's as I could. That should have been easy, right? No, I spent hours on it, then didn't download the right one, etc............is this how you all like it?

g
    22043261-L.jpg
    edited May 14, 2005
    I had to delete the first photos, on the first post in the thread. But I can't get that post off, sorry. I was just too confused with all those photos on my SM site.

g
    edited May 14, 2005
    Nicely done, Ginger!!clap.gif

First time in my life a woman has listened to one of my suggestions!

mitch
    edited May 15, 2005
    By The Side Of The Road, just one flower
    22101546-L.jpg

22101510-L.jpg
    edited May 15, 2005
    Hi, now I have a problem. I think this fits the category of "one" better than the little girl. Lots of photographers, dgrinners who went to Yosemite, are entering who never enter, usually. Does it even matter which photo I enter. If it does, which do you all think is a better entry now, the little girl, or the flower.

The blur is not photoshop, but people will not know that, nor will they care. (The blur is because I had on my 300mm lens with a 1.4 extender the whole time. It has no depth of field, but plenty of bokeh) I was sitting there watching for the male osprey to bring food to the female whose nest is way up on a pole. I was there about two hours, until too dark to take photos anymore. I ended up with an assortment of "boredom" photos that I think are maybe better than another osprey shot.

So, I don't know what to do, what do you all think? I am probably too close to the situation, my photos. I always like the last one taken the most. Now it is a flower, literally by the side of the road. I even took a photo of the moon before I left. ginger
    22102218-L.jpg
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Hi, now I have a problem. I think this fits the category of "one" better than the little girl. Lots of photographers, dgrinners who went to Yosemite, are entering who never enter, usually. Does it even matter which photo I enter. If it does, which do you all think is a better entry now, the little girl, or the flower.

The blur is not photoshop, but people will not know that, nor will they care. (The blur is because I had on my 300mm lens with a 1.4 extender the whole time. It has no depth of field, but plenty of bokeh) I was sitting there watching for the male osprey to bring food to the female whose nest is way up on a pole. I was there about two hours, until too dark to take photos anymore. I ended up with an assortment of "boredom" photos that I think are maybe better than another osprey shot.

So, I don't know what to do, what do you all think? I am probably too close to the situation, my photos. I always like the last one taken the most. Now it is a flower, literally by the side of the road. I even took a photo of the moon before I left. ginger
    Ginger I think your little girl fits the challenge much more.. she is one in a crowd, she stands out as one.. for me there is no contest, it's the little girl. Thanks for your comments on mine by the way.. I'm not going to enter it, it does'nt fit the challenge really. I'm just desperate to take SOMETHING....
    Go with your little girlthumb.gif
    edited May 15, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Ginger I think your little girl fits the challenge much more.. she is one in a crowd, she stands out as one.. for me there is no contest, it's the little girl. Thanks for your comments on mine by the way.. I'm not going to enter it, it does'nt fit the challenge really. I'm just desperate to take SOMETHING....
    Go with your little girlthumb.gif
    Thanks, Lynn. I appreciate it! Will do.

I love this challenge, I just let it come......so it is not life and death for me.

But one, well it is difficult without setting up a still life, IMO, and especially as I watch what others have posted.

I love the photograph, One Love. There are a few on the challenge that fit it perfectly. I think.

I notice you have a post called First Ride, I assume it is about the horse. (as with the rest of these people, it is with the foodrolleyes1.gif .) My joke for the day.

I am going to turn on the coffee pot, do a couple of other things. I get to checking this stuff, and it just rolls.

have a good day. there are going to be a record number of entries... the Yosemite people have ARRIVED (back home), and they came here, too.

g