#14 thinking cap on...

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited December 3, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok...I have shot the last 2 DSS straight from the camera so now I HAVE to come up with something straight from the camera and having a hard time with ideas.

I went down into my studio today and here are a couple options. Let me know what you think of these...

Politics as usual...
429320374_xtnwG-L.jpg

2.Easy come, easy go....
429321251_UAiNJ-L.jpg

Comments

• KCBearcatKCBearcat Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    I like #1... just because it looks like it's more fun... *shrugs*
    Alan H.
    http://www.fountaincityphotography.com
    Camera Gear: Canon 400D (XTi), 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 75-300 f/4.0-5.6, 70-200 f/4 L, 50 f/1.8 II
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    Like the concept of #1, but

1) it seemed to centered. (Liked the placement of #2 better.)
    2) it took me a while to figure out that it was lipstick in front of the pig. Ok, ok ... at first I thought it was a shotgun shell.eek7.gif
    3) Once i figured out #2, I finally saw the lipstick on the pig.

So either I'm too dense (very likely!) or it's too subtle. Probably the former. :D
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    Joyce, that photo is bloody brilliant! Is it possible to get more DOF in the coins?

Hey Mark and Alan, did you happen to notice where Joyce lives? :lol4
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited December 3, 2008
    Thanks for the comments. I will most likely reshoot as soon as I find a few more props I have been looking for. I burned out one of my flash bulbs and have to get it replaced. This image by no means has reference to any polititian from AK....if that would have been the case...I would have gotton a bulldog instead!...but It has to do with current enconomics and government spending...thats for sure!

Here is one that is a little tighter crop and the coins somewhat sharper but not as much as I would like. I have to play with this more.

3.. Dosen't matter how you dress it up...its still a pig.
    429321334_jWgd6-L.jpg
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    I prefer the tighter crop. In light of everything that's been happening in politics, economic spending, etc., this is a really outstanding concept for a shot. You really did well with this, Joyce! I'm looking forward to the final product. clap.gif
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    That crop might be a little too tight, but I think it's closer to the right track.
  • KCBearcatKCBearcat Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    richtersl wrote:
    Joyce, that photo is bloody brilliant! Is it possible to get more DOF in the coins?

Hey Mark and Alan, did you happen to notice where Joyce lives? :lol4

I did notice, but I didn't want to say anything. Didn't want to assume it was because of that.
    Alan H.
    http://www.fountaincityphotography.com
    Camera Gear: Canon 400D (XTi), 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 75-300 f/4.0-5.6, 70-200 f/4 L, 50 f/1.8 II