Options

Currency Convert

whiteeaglewhiteeagle Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited August 12, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know if it is possible to show pricing in AUD instead of USD, so my customers know exactly what they are paying?

I need some help with this one.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    SqueezerSqueezer Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    whiteeagle wrote:
    Hi everyone,
    Does anyone know if it is possible to show pricing in AUD instead of USD, so my customers know exactly what they are paying?

Cheers.

Unfortunately the Currency thing is not even registering on the Radar of Smugmug as of December 2008 which is VERY dissapointing. It is something that users outside of the US have been asking for for some time ( years ) and it hasnt even got as far as being listed as a future feature.

There are a LOT of photographers I know of in Australia that will not become a Smugmug Pro user because of this and instead end up using a Roll your own gallery with some form of Paypal based shopping cart.

Feel free to add your concerns about Different currency options to this thread

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=38154

although don't expect any movement or actions :cry
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    MODS.....this need to be combined with the rest of the FOREIGN CURRENCY THREAD......don't ya think:D

If you really need to be able to dharge in Aussie $....you ccan customize and use Paypal or make a second website over a RED BUBBLE....they are Aussie and give you the ability to charge in several currencies and the currency that the client sees is set by the client by the clik of a link button......simple...very simple
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    whiteeaglewhiteeagle Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited December 4, 2008
    Thanks guys :-)
  • Options
    darklightphotographydarklightphotography Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    whiteeagle wrote:
    Hi everyone,

Cheers.

What I have ended up doing is setting an $AUD price that I offer clients who don't do internet ordering, and I update my Smugmug prices every month so that clients pay roughly the same from me locally or from Smugmug. With the current lousy exchange rate I'm making way less than I used to.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    Squeezer wrote:
    Unfortunately the Currency thing is not even registering on the Radar of Smugmug
    You are making it like we don't hear your concerns - we do - and wish we could just wave a wand and make this happen! I'm really sorry that we haven't.
  • Options
    BobTBobT Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2011
    Send your guys over to B&H or Amazon for a chat! They do it so well. Also the addressing is a bit of a mess. You have North American states only and then a field Provinces which I presume is meant to be used by international clients. It's quite clunky, confusing and off-putting. There is more to the world than the USA. What are you guys, Republican? The English speaking world is 4.4 times bigger than the USA. Ever heard of China? It's 6.2 times bigger. Oh, BTW, sorry about the AA+ ;)