Options

SmugMug and Lightroom 2

MyLifeThruLensesMyLifeThruLenses Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited December 5, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
I am not sure whether this is the right part of dgrin for this question but here I go;
Has anyone tried to take advantage of LR2's Web as well as Slideshow capabilities to create and upload a slideshow into their SmugMug site?
I have a SmugMug site (www.mylifethrulenses.com) which I have created a slideshow by using the tutorial available within SmugMug and a help from quite of few dgrinners.
I'd like to upgrade the look and feel with the one that I have created in LR2. This will also give me an opportunity to continue to refersh with new pictures in an more streamlined fashion.
I'd love to hear from anyone who has done it.
Thank you...

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    I am not sure whether this is the right part of dgrin for this question but here I go;
    Has anyone tried to take advantage of LR2's Web as well as Slideshow capabilities to create and upload a slideshow into their SmugMug site?
    I have a SmugMug site (www.mylifethrulenses.com) which I have created a slideshow by using the tutorial available within SmugMug and a help from quite of few dgrinners.
    I'd like to upgrade the look and feel with the one that I have created in LR2. This will also give me an opportunity to continue to refersh with new pictures in an more streamlined fashion.
    Thank you...
    It's not possible to upload web-pages to SmugMug, I'm sorry. We provide the web-pages for you already (which can be customized by you). You can upload images direct from LR, though. I use that combination myself, and it's awesome thumb.gif
  • Options
    PittspilotPittspilot Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    Thank you...

As the previous poster says, you can get there but not the way you are suggesting. I too use LR for the majority of my work, and wanted a SM page that matched my (separately hosted) web site. I tailored SM to match my hosted web - it takes a bit of a curve, but support (with help pages) are very good. My biggest challenge was getting into the 'mental model' of sub galleries that SM insists on (I still think it's counter intuitive and a bugger to implement).

Then I use Jeffry Friedl's plugin to export my images from LR into the look and feel of my SM pages.

Cheers