Options

Maybe here

SchnauzerSchnauzer Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
edited December 4, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
I looked at everything and still wasn't sure where to put this. If it should go somewhere else please feel free to do whatever you need to do.

For years I've put everything I wanted to look at later in my favorites. It now has foldere and sub folders and sub sub folders.

What do you think about bookmarks like delicious? I've never looked into how to bookmark in all the years I've been doing this and think its time I learn.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
RON

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    What browser are you using.....I use FF and it has Bookmarks...right up there with file,edit, view and History......of course so does internet explorer....unless ms changed it in the las 3 yrs since Ileft it behind for FF.

Off computer bookmarking can be a very good thing....if your hdd goes belly up then you do not loose your fav places to visit..............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    NewsyNewsy Registered Users Posts: 605 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    Schnauzer wrote:
    What do you think about bookmarks like delicious? I've never looked into how to bookmark in all the years I've been doing this and think its time I learn.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I wouldn't use Delicious as it appears to be a "social" bookmark application and I have not much interest in the social sharing of bookmarks.

However, I do use the latest Firefox version 3.xx and have to say its' bookmarking capabilities are far superior to IE7. I have thousands of bookmarks organized into folders and sub-folders.

I recently started using the "Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer" add-on. I'm using the latest version with my newest desktop Vista PC and am able to synchronize to an old WinXP laptop which has Firefox v2.xx. Furthermore, if I'm travelling I can access my bookmarks from clients facilities via password login to the Foxmarks site.

http://www.foxmarks.com/

The hardest part was merging the bookmarks from the two systems and then going back and cleaning up the overflow of duplicates and junk url's I had collected in the root folder. Once done it has been wonderful - both systems now have identical folder structures.

• Options
    edited December 4, 2008
    Thanks for the replys. I use IE. I never noticed bookmarks up at the top until you mentioned it. I never gave bookmarks a thought before. I'll give it a shot right here with internet explorer. I appreciate the help.

I see you both use firefox. I know quite a few people that use it also. What is the advantge of firefox over internet explorer.

Regards
    Ron
    RON
  • Options
    hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    Ron,

I use Firefox 3 and also Foxmarks. I feel Firefox is faster than IE. IE has caught up with some of the features of Firefox but I just prefer the way Firefox implements the features.
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2008
    Thanks Tom.
    RON