Lake District - Spring

PreachermanPreacherman Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
edited December 7, 2008 in Landscapes
Someone put up some pictures of Grasmere in autumn. That made me dig out my shots of the Lakes I took in spring - to make me feel warmer on this cold winters day :D

155507983_VPZXq-L.jpg

155508049_ph9PA-L.jpg

155507732_jEhzL-L.jpg

155508232_xYD7T-L.jpg

Regards

John

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2008
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited December 4, 2008
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    Very nice scenes. Something, however seems strange to me. The far elements in each picture appear to be washing out. Maybe it's just the lighting on those elements, or perhaps the aperature you were using is causing them to slightly blur. Nevertheless, they are interesting shots.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • PreachermanPreacherman Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    Very nice scenes. Something, however seems strange to me. The far elements in each picture appear to be washing out. Maybe it's just the lighting on those elements, or perhaps the aperature you were using is causing them to slightly blur. Nevertheless, they are interesting shots.

Tom

Hi Tom

Now that you mention it - I agree -they could be possibly be a little more saturated. I might try and revisit the original files (if I can find them!)

Glad you like the shots though. Thanks for the feedback

John
    edited December 5, 2008
    GOLDENORFE wrote:
    nice shots, dont see cloud less sky too often.
    loads snow there now!
    phil
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldenorfe/

Do you live there Phil? Very lucky if you do..I bet it looks great in the winter!

John
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited December 5, 2008
    Do you live there Phil? Very lucky if you do..I bet it looks great in the winter!

John

no, about hour & 3/4 drive.
    i live on the wirral, about half way between snowdonia & the lakes.
    both easy to get to.
    loads snow there now, going sunday hopefully.
    phil
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    Such an ambient scenery clap.gif
    edited December 7, 2008

Tom

I dug out a couple of the original files and re PS'd them a little. Part of me thinks I threw them up on Smugmug without any post production - as the levels were way off. The far distance wash out is ( I think?) just natural haze.

Anyway - better ? or not ? Would appreciate any comments.

432017046_EamDN-L.jpg

432018018_hokxx-L.jpg

Regards

John
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    Any picture of the Lake District is a pleasure to look at - your second two do have nicer colour to them. Cheers, Richard.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    I feel these are much better.....better color and balance throughtout. The washing out on the first few may well have been haze. In any event, I think these last two are decidedly better. Nicely done.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • speedsk8rspeedsk8r Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    You got it dude very nice.