Banner

allylallyl Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited December 5, 2008 in Finishing School
I would like to create a baner for my smugmug site . I have phroshop elements for my mac . I would like to have 3 images in the banner . Can anyone tell me how to go about this.

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    allyl wrote:
    I would like to create a baner for my smugmug site . I have phroshop elements for my mac . I would like to have 3 images in the banner . Can anyone tell me how to go about this.

Some steps:
    • Open all three images in Elements
    • Take one of the images and change the canvas size to be three times as many pixels wide. I don't know the Elements UI details, but when you increase the canvas size, there is probably a way to tell it to add all the new width on one end. Try to do that as it will just make your other steps a little easier.
    • Go to one of the other images.
    • Do a Ctrl-A to select all.
    • Copy to the clipboard
    • Go back to the larger canvas
    • Paste the previous image in (it will go into a new layer)
    • Use the mouse to position that image where you want it (you may have to make sure the arrow is selected in the toolbar)
    • Repeat for the third image
    • At this point, you should have three layers in your document, one with each image in it and you should be able to move each layer so they are positioned as you want them.
    • When everything is positioned properly, flatten the layers.
    • Then do an image resize to make it the number of pixels you want your banner.
    • Then save as a jpeg.
    • Then upload to smugmug.
    • Then link to the original sized version of that image.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • allylallyl Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    Some steps:
    • Open all three images in Elements
    • Take one of the images and change the canvas size to be three times as many pixels wide. I don't know the Elements UI details, but when you increase the canvas size, there is probably a way to tell it to add all the new width on one end. Try to do that as it will just make your other steps a little easier.
    • Go to one of the other images.
    • Do a Ctrl-A to select all.
    • Copy to the clipboard
    • Go back to the larger canvas
    • Paste the previous image in (it will go into a new layer)
    • Use the mouse to position that image where you want it (you may have to make sure the arrow is selected in the toolbar)
    • Repeat for the third image
    • At this point, you should have three layers in your document, one with each image in it and you should be able to move each layer so they are positioned as you want them.
    • When everything is positioned properly, flatten the layers.
    • Then do an image resize to make it the number of pixels you want your banner.
    • Then save as a jpeg.
    • Then upload to smugmug.
    • Then link to the original sized version of that image.

Thanks very much I've been trying in vain to be able to do that for ages . Now all I need to know is how to centre the banner.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    allyl wrote:
    Thanks very much I've been trying in vain to be able to do that for ages . Now all I need to know is how to centre the banner.

What is your site?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question