Options

Lauren, part II (NSFW)

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited December 8, 2008 in Go Figure
Very slowly I'm going through the last shoots. This is from the same first beach shoot, but now it's Lauren's time again.

1. Front

429460435_qCUKB-X2.jpg

2. Left side

429460494_kTHFw-X2.jpg

3. Right side

430026448_9LBvg-X2.jpg

4. Another right side

430036425_fK7Cx-X2.jpg

Enjoy! C&C welcome!
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    2, 3, 4 - all good. Don't see any issues and see a lot to really love!thumb.gifbow

#1 - it appears that the lighting in slightly under powered. Additionally, the light to camera left is MUCH too low - Not in love with the way the shadow from that light created by her nose occludes her left eye.
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2008
    2, 3, 4 - all good. Don't see any issues and see a lot to really love!thumb.gifbow

#1 - it appears that the lighting in slightly under powered. Additionally, the light to camera left is MUCH too low - Not in love with the way the shadow from that light created by her nose occludes her left eye.

Scott, thank you for your detailed comments.thumb.gif
    As I mentioned in the very beginning of this series of posts, this is still the same very first beach shoot, lot's of things were not done right. Under/over powered, wrong lights position, wrong poses, wrong bg... Too many new details to track them in real time without knowing what's leading to what.
    I'll get better, I promise! :-) mwink.gif
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    These are the first from this series I really like. I like 1,2 especially. even though she looks perhaps 'planted' there, I really like the overall look!

cheers, tom

Ps: I also liked the post of your set up and such for the beach...always like those set up things...just brings it all home!
    tom wise
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Scott, thank you for your detailed comments.thumb.gif
    As I mentioned in the very beginning of this series of posts, this is still the same very first beach shoot, lot's of things were not done right. Under/over powered, wrong lights position, wrong poses, wrong bg... Too many new details to track them in real time without knowing what's leading to what.
    I'll get better, I promise! :-) mwink.gif
    Wasn't trying to slam you - just trying to help. Like I said, all but the first is/was wonderful.
  • Options
    glennpglennp Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    Nik, Great shots! Not too keen on #1 but the rest I really like. You did well in the separation between her hair and the rock in #4
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2008
    Tom: thank you! thumb.gif

Scott: no explanation needed, I know what you're coming from. I'm simply not feeling particularly strong in this environment - yet...mwink.gif
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    I like this outfit better.
    I think one or three is my favorite...I reallly like the turned away look back type of poses.
    As mentioned the light in one would probably have worked better higher and stronger on her face...still nice.

I was looking forward to seeing more of this model and these didn't disappoint.
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2008
    zoomer wrote:
    I like this outfit better.
    I think one or three is my favorite...I reallly like the turned away look back type of poses.
    As mentioned the light in one would probably have worked better higher and stronger on her face...still nice.

I was looking forward to seeing more of this model and these didn't disappoint.
    Thanks

Thank you! thumb.gif You will see more of her, I promise, I still have the studio part unprocessed.. deal.gif
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    I think my comments are already covered by Scott. But for me, #1 and #2 could just as easily have been shot in the studio as there is not a whole lot of connection with the ocean in the background. It looks very much like a backdrop. Just my opinion, and I am still learning...
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2008
    I think my comments are already covered by Scott. But for me, #1 and #2 could just as easily have been shot in the studio as there is not a whole lot of connection with the ocean in the background. It looks very much like a backdrop. Just my opinion, and I am still learning...
    Hey I'm learning too! Thanks! thumb.gif