What do you think?

cappicappi Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited December 15, 2008 in People
Anygood? I left a lot of copyspace because I created for ad use.

430507541_bVeL6-M.jpg

Comments

• speedsk8rspeedsk8r Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    The look is awesome love the steer.
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    Very nice. Love those eyes.

Caroline
  • rednblaccrednblacc Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    cappi wrote:
    Anygood? I left a lot of copyspace because I created for ad use.

430507541_bVeL6-M.jpg

WOW! That is beautiful. What was she staring at? Those eyes tell the whole story..

-Sabirah
    "Complaining only Lessens your enjoyment in Life"- Sabirah Numan 2008 :thumb
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    Beautiful lighting and sentiment !!! wings.gif :ivar clap.gif
  • cappicappi Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    rednblacc wrote:
    WOW! That is beautiful. What was she staring at? Those eyes tell the whole story..

-Sabirah

I told her to look away from the camera and towards the umbrella and strobe. I asked her to look sad. She was kinda grumpy today so the sad look was coming easy.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited December 5, 2008
    cappi wrote:
    I told her to look away from the camera and towards the umbrella and strobe. I asked her to look sad. She was kinda grumpy today so the sad look was coming easy.

Very nice shot. I can't help wondering what the ad will be promoting.
  • du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    Stunning. Simply wonderful.
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    Love it! wings.gif
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    great lighting and expression on her face. The catchlights in her eyes are greats well
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    The catchlights are fascinating! I like the comp and expression. Thanks for sharing.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • rednblaccrednblacc Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    cappi wrote:

Well just her doing that, was great! She is a natural. I wonder if I can get my 3 yr old to do something like that. Laughing.gif!! Yes i guess it was easier cause she was already grumpy. Very Stunning shot you have there! I love it a lot!

-Sabirah
    "Complaining only Lessens your enjoyment in Life"- Sabirah Numan 2008 :thumb
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited December 11, 2008
    Cool pose, charming child, but the image strikes me as very low contrast. There is no white and no specular reflection anywhere in this image.

The white of her right eye reads 164,164,164, and even the brightest pixel in the corneal light reflection just reads 184,184,184. The left eye is a bit brighter, but even there the corneal light reflection tops out at 220,220,220, not a true specular.

If the intent was a very soft, low key image, it has been captured very nicely.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • cappicappi Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    pathfinder wrote:
    Cool pose, charming child, but the image strikes me as very low contrast. There is no white and no specular reflection anywhere in this image.

The white of her right eye reads 164,164,164, and even the brightest pixel in the corneal light reflection just reads 184,184,184. The left eye is a bit brighter, but even there the corneal light reflection tops out at 220,220,220, not a true specular.

If the intent was a very soft, low key image, it has been captured very nicely.

I had some other people I spoke with about the photo say the same. They thought I should bump the contrast more. Do you think like this is better? I should of used a reflector so I could have got the eyes a little more evenly lit. I'll keep practicing. Thanks for the feedback!

434894159_W7iyi-M.jpg
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited December 12, 2008
    cappi wrote:
    Do you think like this is better?

nod.gif
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    Very nice jobclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    cappi wrote:
    I had some other people I spoke with about the photo say the same. They thought I should bump the contrast more. Do you think like this is better? I should of used a reflector so I could have got the eyes a little more evenly lit. I'll keep practicing. Thanks for the feedback!

434894159_W7iyi-M.jpg

Comparing the two side by side this is a great improvement to the depth of the picture, much better contrast. Also the face is now bright and lit up very nicely while still keeping the sad undertone ... really awesome!