Options

95 years old

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited December 6, 2008 in People
My Nana, my dad's mother, turned 95 while I was visiting her and my dad last week for Thanksgiving. She was a little bruised up from a fall the week before, but otherwise was doing great! She is still all mentally with it for all of you wondering, and in awesome health. She still fishes in the summer, drives her car to get groceries during the day, walks throughout the house w/out a cane or walker, does the laundry, cooks, etc. And of course, like most 95 years olds, also spends plenty of time sitting in the living room, watching tv, and falling asleep during a lot of her shows too!

1. My 135L f2 takes some awesome portraits in available light :)
427323282_UjYyC-M.jpg

2. I know this is very tinted, but was going for a mood lighting effect
427369700_3fM7v-M.jpg

3. She usually keeps a tissue tucked in her shirt for when she might need one.
427367206_p2YzD-M.jpg

Thanks for looking and seeing photos of the lady I want to be like when I'm 95 :) Comments welcomed.

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    Nice set. I'm really loving #2 and think this would be awesome as a well done B&W conversion.thumb.gifclap
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    Glad to hear she survived the fall! I work with lots of these folks frequently in my day job as a nurse. She looks like a very good 95!

I love that lens...really gets the job done. And like Scott said, number two is divine and might well work with a B&W version.

love em~~cheers, tom
    tom wise
  • Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    Very nice series thumb.gif and it reminds me of my grandmother who passed a few years ago. She was fiercely independent and I often joked that she had a social life that put mine to shame. Your grandmother looks a lot like her; so thanks for bringing back some wonderful memories.

As for cc, on my monitor the first looks a bit too yellow (as opposed to warm) but it is an low budget, uncalibrated monitor under flourescent lighting. :D
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    She sounds like an amazing woman! I like your close-in shots of her. thumb.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography