Nightmare in the Water

du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
edited December 7, 2008 in Sports
Two co-workers asked me to shoot their kids who are on the swim team. They want large-ish pano prints of the kids doing the butterfly - coming up out of the water.

The pool had zero light - and the batteries in my flash died - but the light from the pool gave me some pretty cool underlighting at times.

430697473_v4tb8-M.jpg

430697463_KxR8L-M.jpg

430697436_A4sLc-M.jpg

430697460_bUTJJ-M.jpg

C&C Always Appreciated.
H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff

Comments

• Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    hi Du8die,

looks like rough conditions! I think you were the most successful in #2, but it's leaning a bit (draining the pool mwink.gif ), if you leveled it, it would be superb!

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • jrowphotojrowphoto Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    Hi Du8die. I'm at work and pics from smugmug are "blocked", so I'll take a look at your shots tonight when I get home.

What swim team/pool were you shooting? Was this in WI or IL? I've done some swimming shots in the area (mostly northern burbs of Chicago), and have some on my site if you want to look.

Like I said, I'll check your shots tonight. :)

John
  • du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    Hey John,

Brookfield, actually. This wasn't a team shoot, just a few kids who happened to be on a team. The lighting was horrible...

I've checked out your stuff. Very nice.

Thanks!
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    clap.gif Thats a great effect with the internal lighting from the pool. clap.gif
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com