November fog

annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
edited December 12, 2008 in Landscapes
Well, I guess November fog is not that much different from, let's say, February fog. :rofl I just wanted to say that these photos were taken in November. I looked out the window one afternoon and saw that the sun was struggling to penetrate the fog, so I grabbed my camera and headed out in hopes of capturing anything worthwhile.

I drove to the nearby fields with a picturesque tree-lined country road and started clicking away. As the sun was setting, the light was becoming more and more magical. I don't know about you, but I love the moody feeling of the fog.

This is what I came up with:

G02-Groblje-05.jpg

G03-Groblje-13.jpg

G05-Groblje-28.jpg

G07-Groblje-32.jpg

G08-Groblje-38.jpg

G14-Groblje-64.jpg

G20-Groblje-83.jpg

G11-Groblje-51.jpg

Normally I don't take as many landscape photos with people in them, but here I really couldn't do anything about it as the place was swarming with people going for a walk! :D

Ana
Ana
SmugMug Support Hero Manager
My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    Oh my....these are excellant. I especially like the last one... it is different than most fog pics...but they are all really good!
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    Just simply sooooooo beautifulclap.gif :ivar wings.gif
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    Very nice. I think the people add a lot to these images.thumb.gifthumb

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Dwayne OakesDwayne Oakes Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2008
    Great photos Ana ! I really like the first photo, it has a nice mood to it.
    Thanks for posting.

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes
  • BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif Awesome shots
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    Nice shots. I particularly like #1 and ?#6 because of the mood they create with the light and dark.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    Wow. I love these, especially 1, 4, 5,. clap.gifclap.gifiloveyou.gif
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 6, 2008
    Wow, thanks everybody! I didn't know if the photos were any good because sometimes it's difficult for me as the photographer to step back and observe my own work objectively. I really enjoyed the photo session and liked the results very much, I just wasn't sure how other people would receive them.

Thanks again for your feedback, guys! thumb.gif

Ana
    Ana
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    I also like the impact that the people have in 2 and 6. clap.gif :ivar I really like the perspective and composition in these. The people on the paths make you wonder what their destination is.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    Those are fantastic! The first is my favorite, but the compositions are excellent all around (great use of the fish-eye too!). I love shooting in the fog, especially when it's backlit, as gives the photos a sort of ethereal feel, you did a good job capturing that with this series.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    clap.gifclap No words clap.gifclap
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 7, 2008
    Thanks, guys! :D

I have several fisheye shots (you can find them in my photo journal) but I try not to overuse the lens as the effect can somehow become tiresome.

Ana
    Ana
  • a110p0a110p0 Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    Nice Set
    Ana,
    Wonderful set.

Like many others, I like the first shot a lot. Great mood on all of
    the captures.

Alvin
    Alvin
    Fremont, CA
    SmugMug Gallery
  • speedsk8rspeedsk8r Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    Wow they are beautiful i also think the people ad to the photo;you have that knack to thumbs up you go girl.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    Ana, I always always love your work!!!!

I understand it being hard to look at your own photos objectively, but I find that modesty is one of the most attractive traits of a photographer lol3.gif

The mist and light are absolutely gorgeous in this set. So magical! I wish I was there, as it looks both warm and mysterious at the same time.

Fantastic thumb.gif
  • rednblaccrednblacc Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    annnna8888 wrote:
    Well, I guess November fog is not that much different from, let's say, February fog. rolleyes1.gif I just wanted to say that these photos were taken in November. I looked out the window one afternoon and saw that the sun was struggling to penetrate the fog, so I grabbed my camera and headed out in hopes of capturing anything worthwhile.

I drove to the nearby fields with a picturesque tree-lined country road and started clicking away. As the sun was setting, the light was becoming more and more magical. I don't know about you, but I love the moody feeling of the fog.

This is what I came up with:

G02-Groblje-05.jpg

Normally I don't take as many landscape photos with people in them, but here I really couldn't do anything about it as the place was swarming with people going for a walk! :D

Ana

I really Love this one because it gives me this feeling when I was a kid. You did some awesome pics hun. Thanks for the memory thumb.gifthumb.gif

-Sabirah
    "Complaining only Lessens your enjoyment in Life"- Sabirah Numan 2008 :thumb
    edited December 12, 2008
    Thanks again, and sorry for the late reply! :D
    Schmoo, you make me blush. :saurora

Ana
    Ana