Rare Jaguar On The Prowl

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited December 6, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
264359462_VPMFj-XL.jpg

264361447_c44hM-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    Cool shot Black Mamba....thumb.gif. Got any idea what it would cost????
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    Very cool car--but where would my three big dogs ride (not to mention my wife)!

I like the little sideways truck space in the back. Maybe it's a rumble seat and at least one dog could ride. rolleyes1.gif
    Growing with Dgrin

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    Hi Azzaro,

A car of this caliber would certainly be valued somewhere well north of 1 million bucks. This one was the finest example of the type that I have ever seen.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    What a gorgeous automobile Tom. Thanks for sharing. We don't get many exotics in my neck of the woods (mostly vintage Americana).

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    Ahh! Thank you for sharing this fine motorcar with us! Great photography! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    Howdy Tom,

WOW, what a great couple of shots, the cars are beautifully presented, and the composition makes me feel like I was standing right there beside you.

Is that what they call the "D" Type?

I was lucky growing up, 2 of my friends had Jags, one had a 66 XKE Coupe, and the other one ended up trading for something for a XKE 12 Cyl conv, talk about a controlled Rocket.

I think this is your niche, all your Fine Auto shots are really beautifully done.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    A gorgeous car, very well photographed. thumb.gif
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking
    edited December 6, 2008
    Hi Jack,

I am lucky to have access to many, many exotic and vintage cars at shows in my immediate area. I get around to as many of the events as I can....going from south, in the Daytona area, to north, in the Hilton Head Island area.

Tom
    edited December 6, 2008
    Hi Lee,

Man, I wish you could have seen this car up close and personal. With your appreciation for fine motorcars, you would have been in heaven. This thing was absolutely flawless. To stand out in a field of cars of this stature is quite something, but this car is truly exceptional.

Tom
    edited December 6, 2008
    Hi Craig,

Many thanks for your comments. Yes, this is a " D " type Jag. One very similar to it was supposedly the favorite car of Steve McQueen.

Take care my friend,

Tom