JPG option gone?

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited December 6, 2008 in Finishing School
I'm working along in CS3, saved a PSD, flattened it, went to save it as a JPG and JPG was no longer available in the drop-down list. What's up with that?
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    I'm working along in CS3, saved a PSD, flattened it, went to save it as a JPG and JPG was no longer available in the drop-down list. What's up with that?

Are you working in 16-bits per channel or LAB mode or something like that?
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    Are you working in 16-bits per channel or LAB mode or something like that?

Not that I know of. Just normal, simple stuff. I've already done a few photos today, and then came to my next one and...now I'm stuck.
    Elaine

• ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2008
    What a minute! Thanks for saying that...reminded me that the action I just ran did switch over to LAB mode and I forgot to hit play to finish the action to switch it back! Thank you!
    Elaine

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited December 6, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    Not that I know of. Just normal, simple stuff. I've already done a few photos today, and then came to my next one and...now I'm stuck.

It's probably something really simple. First, as Bernard implied, check the Mode to make sure you are in RGB and 8 bit. Also check that you have flattened all the layers. Finally, make sure that you have scrolled through all the choices in the file type widget...they don't all show without scrolling.