First snow of '08

FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
edited December 8, 2008 in People
Technically crap, but had to share. I am no good at night photos, but wanted to just share a couple of cute shots. We don't really get snow where I live in NJ, so this is the first time there has been enough to play with for my daughter. It was way past bed time (9:30) but I had to let her play. I'm from NH, so snow like this is a joke to me, but big deal to the natives. :rofl

431583387_WLnPY-M.jpg

431582529_n4yaD-M.jpg

431583190_cu69t-M.jpg

431582913_yzcdq-M.jpg
~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
my real job
looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    Maybe they are technical crap - that's not the point. These are memories that you, and later your daughter, will treasure!

Thanks so much for sharing!
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    You always have the nicest things to say!! I really wish I had someone around here to help me learn. Reading all the books in the world do me no good, I'm a hands on learner.
    ~Shannon~

my real job
  • WilliamClark77WilliamClark77 Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    Adorable! It's funny that kids see snow and think snow angels and snowmen. Adults see it and think of frozen water pipes and slip 'n sliding driving to work.

Why a 1/2 mile long fresh red clay driveway and foot deep snow don't mix. I thought it was funny even if my bud (his car being drug) didn't. rolleyes1.gif

http://williamclark77.smugmug.com/photos/263336244_WS29H-L.jpg
    edited December 7, 2008
    Adorable! It's funny that kids see snow and think snow angels and snowmen. Adults see it and think of frozen water pipes and slip 'n sliding driving to work.

Why a 1/2 mile long fresh red clay driveway and foot deep snow don't mix. I thought it was funny even if my bud (his car being drug) didn't. rolleyes1.gif

http://williamclark77.smugmug.com/photos/263336244_WS29H-L.jpg
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    ~Shannon~

my real job
    edited December 8, 2008
    Flutist wrote:
    You always have the nicest things to say!! I really wish I had someone around here to help me learn. Reading all the books in the world do me no good, I'm a hands on learner.
    No - I don't always have the nicest things to say - when someone asks for C&C I can get a little anal about it.

You weren't looking for C&C but were just sharing a happy moment with us and, thanks!, I can use all the happy moments I can get right now!

As for finding someone - have you looked for a photography club/group in your area? If you can find one, the chances are good that you will find they have a mentor program or some other educational "feature".
    edited December 8, 2008
    No - I don't always have the nicest things to say - when someone asks for C&C I can get a little anal about it.

You weren't looking for C&C but were just sharing a happy moment with us and, thanks!, I can use all the happy moments I can get right now!

As for finding someone - have you looked for a photography club/group in your area? If you can find one, the chances are good that you will find they have a mentor program or some other educational "feature".

Hmm? I wouldn't even know where to look for something like that. Thank you very much for the suggestion, I'll have to look into that. I have taken some really nice photos (in my mind) but too many of them are garbage and that's what I want to change. Thank you again.

(PS, glad I could bring a little light to your day)
    ~Shannon~

my real job
    edited December 8, 2008
    Flutist wrote:
    Hmm? I wouldn't even know where to look for something like that. Thank you very much for the suggestion, I'll have to look into that. I have taken some really nice photos (in my mind) but too many of them are garbage and that's what I want to change. Thank you again.

(PS, glad I could bring a little light to your day)
    Try the classifieds in your local paper. Some papers list community activities there one day a week. You might also try searching social networking sites like www.meetup.com ... that's how I found the photo club I belong to.