Ch. 38 - Last One

TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
edited May 14, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is my first try at a Dgrin challenge so do what you gotta do. At work, my bud offered me this while saying "You want the last one?". I had just read about the latest challenge and the idea grabbed me. Does it work? How would you improve it?

one_mint.jpg
panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
Sony F717 | Hoya R72

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 13, 2005
    I like it. Great exposure control, colors and detail. One thing: I get a little vertigo-ish looking at it too long. I'm not even sure which way I'd rotate it, but something about the orientation is weird. headscratch.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2005
    A good idea and a nice capture. thumb.gif However, I think that what is unsettling about the photo is that the box should be positioned so that it is easy to read the writing on the side as well as on the inside of the lid. I keep wanting to turn the picture over, but then it would make no sense. headscratch.gif Can you reshoot?

Virginia

Email
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2005
    Neatly done!
    Great idea.. top notch executions!thumb.gif
    Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    Flyinggina wrote:
    A good idea and a nice capture. thumb.gif However, I think that what is unsettling about the photo is that the box should be positioned so that it is easy to read the writing on the side as well as on the inside of the lid. I keep wanting to turn the picture over, but then it would make no sense. headscratch.gif Can you reshoot?

Virginia
    I'll try that and see how it looks.
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72