Options

Can This be Done? (Removing glasses)

JDrakeJDrake Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
edited December 24, 2008 in Finishing School
I have been asked to remove a guy's glasses in a wedding portrait. It is a front-on head shot with the bride and groom. Apparently the groom would NOT wear contacts for the wedding but has since then switched to wearing them. The bride would like this photograph edited to remove the glasses. Is this something that can be done? Anyone good with photoshop who can do this? (I'd be willing to pay anyone who is able to do this). :D
The Painting Pony - Raising $ for Equine Cushings Disease Research.

Drake Photography - My Home on the Web

Comments

• Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    JDrake wrote:
    I have been asked to remove a guy's glasses in a wedding portrait. It is a front-on head shot with the bride and groom. Apparently the groom would NOT wear contacts for the wedding but has since then switched to wearing them. The bride would like this photograph edited to remove the glasses. Is this something that can be done? Anyone good with photoshop who can do this? (I'd be willing to pay anyone who is able to do this). :D

Depends on the glasses and frame and the eyes in the image. Post the photo to get the answer.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    JDrakeJDrake Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    This is the image:
    431908299_rDAVw-L-1.jpg
    The Painting Pony - Raising $ for Equine Cushings Disease Research.

Drake Photography - My Home on the Web
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited December 7, 2008
    It might be easier to clone in the whole head, rather than removing the glasses, if you have another shot of the head from a similar vantage point and lighting.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    kwcrowkwcrow Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    I gave it a shot, with some minor post processing!
    No Glasses and Post Processed 400X600.jpg
  • Options
    clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    Excellent job!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • Options
    kcfunkcfun Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 17, 2008
    kwcrow wrote:
    I gave it a shot, with some minor post processing!
    No Glasses and Post Processed 400X600.jpg

Super job wings.gifbarb Can't even tell that he had glasses before. I love the post processing you did on the whole picture. I couldn't tell that they were standing on the beach until you removed all of the yellow tint from the background.

Do you offer your services for any other post processing?? I have quite a few family photos that could use some touch ups.

Tim
  • Options
    MicrocosmMicrocosm Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited December 19, 2008
    Wow! That's impressive. Scrolling down I thought to myself, "there is no way that's happening.." I scroll a bit more, and there it is!
    A stupid nitpick would be to remove the dot just above the horizon to the right of his head. But really, that's very cool.
    "Nothing is impossible, you are only limited by fear, and even that you can overcome." -Seth Morrison

• Options
    edited December 24, 2008
    Excellent job!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Thank You!
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2008
    kcfun wrote:
    Super job wings.gifbarb Can't even tell that he had glasses before. I love the post processing you did on the whole picture. I couldn't tell that they were standing on the beach until you removed all of the yellow tint from the background.

Do you offer your services for any other post processing?? I have quite a few family photos that could use some touch ups.

Tim
    Thanks Tim, I have done some post processing for people, but don't know how to get my name out there. Maybe this is a start. I would think that there are a lot of photographers out there that don't like or don't have the time to do PP themselves. I don't consider myself a great photographer, but I enjoy taking a good picture and trying to make it great with PP. I would love to help you with your family photos and my prices are very reasonable. Send me an e-mail if you are interested (and anyone else for that matter)

Kevin
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2008
    Microcosm wrote:
    Wow! That's impressive. Scrolling down I thought to myself, "there is no way that's happening.." I scroll a bit more, and there it is!
    A stupid nitpick would be to remove the dot just above the horizon to the right of his head. But really, that's very cool.

Thanks Microcosm,
    You are absolutely right on the strange dot next to his head. I missed it, but seems obvious, now that you point it out.
    -Kevin