Options

Is there a way to add prices for new items only?

SZFSZF Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited December 9, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Since I set up my original pricing structure, new SmugMug items have become available, and I'd like to add some of these products to my sales list. I can't see how to do it without resetting all items. Maybe I'm missing something, and I haven't tried all the options mostly because I don't want to do something really bad.

So, I tried to get it working the way I want in a single gallery first. I only added pricing for the new items I didn't have listed already. When I clicked "apply," only the new items were available for sale! What happened to the old ones I aready set? Well, I quickly cleared the gallery pricing, and everything is set back to default portfolio pricing.

So, I want to start over. Is there a way to add pricing for a new item (for example holiday cards) without having to reset everything?

Thanks,

Steve

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,268 moderator
    edited December 7, 2008
    SZF wrote:
    Is there a way to add pricing for a new item (for example holiday cards) without having to reset everything?
    It sounds like you have portfolio pricing set.

If you go into portfolio pricing I think you'll see that items you didn't set a price for are set to zero - at least that's what I see on my site. In portfolio pricing, just set a price for the new items that you want to sell. Leave the already priced items as they are unless you want to change the prices.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing

But - holiday cards are currently only available to the gallery owner. If you want to sell them, you should take a look at this thread - http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=76819.

--- Denise
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    Hi Steve,

Try what Denise said and if you keep having problems, post a link to a gallery so that we could take a look at your pricing structure on your site.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    SZFSZF Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited December 9, 2008
    I guess I should have been brave. The mistake was trying it first with a specific gallery. Once I changed to the portfolio view, it all worked fine. Thanks for you answers.

Steve