The Oregon Gardens, & Water Flow

NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
edited December 10, 2008 in Landscapes
Hi Folks:

I had the pleasure of going for a bit of a photowalk at the gardens with a fellow photographer from another online forum and had a great time. Beautiful place, and always a pleasure to make the acquaintance of fellow photographers. All shots taken with a D300 and a Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens.

suspended.jpg

distance.jpg

ogardens.jpg

prairie2.jpg

sheltered.jpg

waterg1.jpg

waterg2.jpg

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Best,

Nacho
Exposure Latitude(s).com
"The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho

Comments

• coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    Awesome series, perfect light in just about every shot, and great compositions too.
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    Beautiful!!! I love the reflection of the lit tree! Also 2, 6, 7. clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Dwayne OakesDwayne Oakes Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    Great light and comp in the second photo ! Thanks for posting.

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes
  • PreachermanPreacherman Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    Second shot is really beautiful. The skyline is gorgeous colour - offset by the mistiness of the foreground.

You have also captured the water flow fantastically well too. Especially IMHO the second from last.

Cheers

John
  • AbiciriderbackAbiciriderback Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    Very nice series great lighting and colors.

Ray Still
  • speedsk8rspeedsk8r Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    Woah mamma the water pic's i love them.
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    WOW! Great photosclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    Thanks all! I do like those water pics also. I definitely love water flows. These don't have much else around to make them visually compelling, but I still decided to photograph them because I had to play with that 50mm 1.8 (I hadn't take it out of the bag in a while). The wonderful result is that the lens and light truly made that water come out nicely. Most of the time I prefer water flows that have other features in context to draw the viewer in.

My friend was using a D700 and I should have taken the opportunity to take a shot of the water with that wonderful camera.

Thanks again all. :)

N
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    Nice set. Like the others' comments I really like the second one. Also the water flow with some of the surroundings. But my favorite of the group is the sunset through the arbor/arboretum. Wonderful eye you have thumb.gif
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
    edited December 8, 2008
    Dan, thanks for the thoughts. That sunset took some doing. I did not have a graduated neutral density filter with me, so I took a few exposures, and worked the PP so that the tree in the foreground, for instance, would have a bit of detail. It was a nice spot and I intend to return. : )

Thanks again,

N
    Nice set. Like the others' comments I really like the second one. Also the water flow with some of the surroundings. But my favorite of the group is the sunset through the arbor/arboretum. Wonderful eye you have thumb.gif
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    Beautiful set yet again! I love the reflection (reflection?) of the tree with lights on it. That is a perspective that is so simple, but it makes you look twice.

Now that I know you have a special business with trees, it seems like the nature shots you post just "click." :D
    edited December 10, 2008
    :D Schmoo, you definitely made me smile! "A special business with trees" - never thought of it that way, but it is indeed me. I love trees, woods, woodlands, groves, forests, streams and woods, etc. Just makes me feel at peace.

Thanks for the kind comments on the nature shots. What's funny is that I have never considered myself a nature or landscape photographer. I've been doing it because I find much mindfulness in that subject, but I've always told folks that my main interests actually lie with PJ and documentary. Then again, the categories sometimes go out the window when the subject is, as Hafiz noted, love.

Thanks!

N
    schmoo wrote:
    Beautiful set yet again! I love the reflection (reflection?) of the tree with lights on it. That is a perspective that is so simple, but it makes you look twice.

Now that I know you have a special business with trees, it seems like the nature shots you post just "click." :D
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    I'm a fan of flares but I think the flare in the first shot may be a bit too distracting, right in the center of the image.

I like the second and the third shot the most but all the shots are well done.
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    Great set. One of our family's favorite places is Silver Falls so we've been by the Oregon Garden many times but never taken the opportunity to stop and take a peek.

My favorites are the arbor and the first waterflow with the greenery in the foreground. That little extra element really works for me and provides more interest than the other waterflows.

Thanks for sharing.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook