dgrin DSS 14 possibilities ??

RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
edited December 8, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
some photo’s taken today for the still life challenge Question;
are they worthy of consideration, or back to the drawing board…?

gargoyle by flashlight

entry1.jpg

entry2.jpg

entry3.jpg

The insides of a old German musical revolving Christmas tree stand

Too dark??

entry4.jpg

entry5.jpg

Comments welcome.

Thanks

Rocketman
http://roadrunes.com
"It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    Of the two, I like the gargoyle idea better. I can't make heads or tails of what the other thing is.

And of the gargoyle images, I think the second is best. Maybe light the left side of the face just a tad more so you can make out more of it.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    Of the two, I like the gargoyle idea better. I can't make heads or tails of what the other thing is.

And of the gargoyle images, I think the second is best. Maybe light the left side of the face just a tad more so you can make out more of it.

15524779-Ti.gif the gargoyle is really cool, lots of texture and shadows/highlights to play with. darker is better (esp. for the background) but lighting a bit more of the face would definitely bring out the character, so to speak. (i'm wanting to see the right edge of the face and head - maybe backlight??) what are you using for lighting, btw?
    Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!
  • RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    Benjer wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif the gargoyle is really cool, lots of texture and shadows/highlights to play with. darker is better (esp. for the background) but lighting a bit more of the face would definitely bring out the character, so to speak. (i'm wanting to see the right edge of the face and head - maybe backlight??) what are you using for lighting, btw?

just a mag light in an otherwise totally dark garage where I have my work table for matting and other work. I'll have to get out another one and maybe put a diffuser over the lens and elevate it using one of my mini-pods, all very seat of the pants.
    the second item is the guts of a very old German Xmas tree stand that also is music box and made the tree revolve, operated by a big spring. We even had candles and sparklers ( which my Dad would lite as the tree revolved in a darkened room), a very old family tradition that most folks thought was pretty kool if not completely nuts! Ha Ha.

Thanks for the input.

RM
    http://roadrunes.com
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D