Select Best Buy's have 5D Mark II's in stock

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited December 10, 2008 in Cameras
Just recently learned this from the POTN forums and thought I would share this information. Walking our the door to now drive to Chicago and get the one they're holding for me at the store!!! Just do an availability search on the website for store pick up and if it says they have some, call the store and have them hold one for you.

Comments

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    None of them by me has one. ;_;
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    Just recently learned this from the POTN forums and thought I would share this information. Walking our the door to now drive to Chicago and get the one they're holding for me at the store!!! Just do an availability search on the website for store pick up and if it says they have some, call the store and have them hold one for you.

Stay away from the black dot special :cry
    Jim...
  • darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    None of them by me has one. ;_;

Same here, luckily (i would be sad if they had one and i couldn't buy it)
    ~ Lisa
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    jgoetz4 wrote:
    Stay away from the black dot special :cry
    Jim...

Not noticing any black dots yet, then again I don't shoot in those modes / settings that cause the black dots according to all the chatter.

I will get to really push this thing to the limits this week... doing a studio shoot tomorrow, Wednesday I've got 2 basketball games... Saturday photographing a black belt test and then a Christmas party... and next Saturday photographing a wedding :) so lots of variety of photo tests coming up!
  • jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    Not noticing any black dots yet, then again I don't shoot in those modes / settings that cause the black dots according to all the chatter.

I will get to really push this thing to the limits this week... doing a studio shoot tomorrow, Wednesday I've got 2 basketball games... Saturday photographing a black belt test and then a Christmas party... and next Saturday photographing a wedding :) so lots of variety of photo tests coming up!

Good Afternoon,
    I don't think anybody really knows what the problem is yet, but quite a few guesses have been made so far, from what I have been reading on the net. Canon has acknowledged a problem with the black dots and hopefully will have a solution real soon clap.gif Hope all your shoots go well thumb.gif
    Have a good day :D
    Jim...
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    ... Wednesday I've got 2 basketball games... Saturday photographing a black belt test and then a Christmas party... and next Saturday photographing a wedding :) ...
    I would be interested in knowing how the AF performs and tracks fast moving subjects in the basketball games and the belt test.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    Cuong wrote:
    I would be interested in knowing how the AF performs and tracks fast moving subjects in the basketball games and the belt test.

Cuong

Well I don't think it will usurp the 1D's crown in that.. but I kinda expect nice shots!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    Well I don't think it will usurp the 1D's crown in that.. but I kinda expect nice shots!
    I'm hoping the 5D2's AF is at least on par with the 30D. You know how we all try to justify in our mind why we want it.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    Cuong wrote:

Cuong

I went into custom user options this morning and enabled the 6 assist focal points to be working when I'm using center point ai-servo...hoping that will help tonight! Will let you know, going to use no-flash at both of those sporting events and probably a decently high ISO :) i plan to post results later... will link here to the thread I put the shots in later this week.