200 Santas, 7 Bars, and Tons of Alcohol... Sweeeeeeettt!

TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
edited December 8, 2008 in People
So a friend of mine whom I'm doing some family portraits for in a few weeks asks me to be the photographer for a charity event - the ALS Granby Street Bar Crawl. Of course I said sure, no problem! :D It turned out to be one of the most fun nights of my life and I learned something about the power of the SB-900. It absolutely rocks! I will save y'all the event posts as you can see them if you want in my 2008 Santa Bar Crawl gallery; however, here is a group shot using 1... ONE SB-900... fired into a Lumniquest bounce card.... I was shocked with the result! I wish the flower planter was moved but considering, I'm okay with it. :rofl

432037398_GcmQR-L-1.jpg

Comments

• davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    What a hoot. I'm covering the SantaCon/Santa Rampage in Austin on Saturday. I'll be the one in the cheap santa suit.

Cheers,
    David
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    What a hoot. I'm covering the SantaCon/Santa Rampage in Austin on Saturday. I'll be the one in the cheap santa suit.

Cheers,
    David

It was a blast. Some of these people have 2 or 3 Santa costumes at the tune $300+ each. They take santaing serious! :D Good luck at the SantaCon!
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    Nice shot Travis. I'm getting an SB900 for Christmas, thanks to my wife. I can't wait.

What ISO/f-stop were you using?
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    Ed911 wrote:
    Nice shot Travis. I'm getting an SB900 for Christmas, thanks to my wife. I can't wait.

What ISO/f-stop were you using?

Thanks Ed. You are going to love it. Settings for this shot were ISO 800, f/3.5, 1/60th sec,18mm. I should have used a smaller aperature but I didn't have a tripod with me.