HELP ME! Second guessing my DSS 14 entry.

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited December 8, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK... so I am now second guessing my entry for DSS 14. I like the image of Buddha but I am second guessing it with some images I took of skewers I fired up on the barbie today.

Should I stay with my original entry or change to the skewer image? If the skewers, which one?

Original Entry:
431993095_QL9Q3-L.jpg

New Candidate #1
432272617_926sP-L.jpg

New Candidate #2
432273145_FUmjy-L.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    OK... so I am now second guessing my entry for DSS 14. I like the image of Buddha but I am second guessing it with some images I took of skewers I fired up on the barbie today.

Should I stay with my original entry or change to the skewer image? If the skewers, which one?

New Candidate #2
    432273145_FUmjy-L.jpg

I like your first image better, but if I had to pick which skewers to eat, I mean choose, it's #2. Oh and by the way, I haven't had dinner yet - thanks for making whatever I manage to throw together look like dog food! :cry

B
    Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    Thanks B. The skewers were delicious!

So that's 1 vote for the original. Anyone else like to vote?

My Smug Site
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    For the contest - I like your original entry.

For dinner...:eat either of the other two.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    For the contest - I like your original entry.

For dinner...:eat either of the other two.

Ok... looks like the skewer pictures would be a winner if the contest was for best restaurant menu photo.

Unless someone else thinks otherwise, I'm sticking with my original shot.

My Smug Site
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    Ok... looks like the skewer pictures would be a winner if the contest was for best restaurant menu photo.

rolleyes1.gif

Actually, I like both!!! (which means I'm no help at all.... :D)
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    The beef is too rare for a good still life/dinner. Your original is good, but if you cook those skewers a bit more I might change my vote. rolleyes1.gif
  • RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    dlplumer wrote:
    The beef is to rare for a good still life/dinner. Your original is good, but if you cook those skewers a bit more I might change my vote. rolleyes1.gif
    Well I don't know, steak tar-tar is pretty tasty, but I'd go with the Buddha image as well, nice textures in the wood, thou the skewers are more colorful. Still I like the Buddha, thou the vegges sure look tasty as well....
    Ah but the Buhhda......
    hope that helps....not that I'm indecisive or anything mind you...:lol

rocketman
    http://roadrunes.com
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D