Beauty Portraits: Nan

2»

Comments

• ZecksonZeckson Registered Users Posts: 307 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    NeilL wrote:
    Hi Zeckson! I very much like both the sets you have posted. Your giving the background/environment an equally important role as the model in 'telling' each picture is something I like very much in people photography, as I said a long time ago. You show a feel for that kind of thing.

If I were to make a couple of suggestions (and you should know that I am at ground level in all aspects of photography) they would be:

- to use more light sources on your model. In some of these the face, and sometimes arms and hands, are nicely lit, but the parts in shadow can look unattractive (the neck in #4 and decolletage in #9, for example). Good use of secondary lighting could result in more even lighting quality across the model. Especially critical in your photos since one of your aesthetic priorities is to give us delight in the tonal quality of the model's skin.

- allow the model to move more freely, rather than to always strike a static pose for the camera. I can imgine the beauty of your models in motion. It is hinted at in their frozen poses. So to capture their elegance and grace (and sexiness) out of the cage.

Thanks for the pleasure of seeing these. clap.gif

Neil

Hello Neil, that is some comment! One of the top comments I received on my posts! I really love reading them! Thanks for the suggestions! I totally agree with what you had written on the lighting. For these few images that I posted, I am not wanting to achieve even lighting throughout. I wanted to include shadows into the images and thus I deployed these lighting setups.

I used to shoot lots of even lighting portraits before I joined Digital Grin Photography Forum. I got tired of those and I wanted to try something else, something different. I am going to step into the unknown (mostly people will deem them as incorrect or unacceptable because those were not what they usually see or do and were not present in their comfort zones). I am forcing myself to think out of the box, away from the normal conventional ways and see what I will get. Still experimenting... ;)

I like about the idea of motion capturing in portrait photography... That's something I have not fully ventured but I did try a little (in the next upcoming photo posts in a new thread). Do stay tune for my next thread coming soon, Neil. I hope to get some ideas from you after seeing my next set. ;)
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    I am not a photographer.
    Zeckson's Image Boulevard
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    Zackson, when embedding your photos you can put more than one in each post, and this is much preferred for viewing on dgrin. If you need any help (although it look like you've got embedding images down pretty well), you can use the tutorial linked in my signature. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • mayassamayassa Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    I liked al your shots, great series...
    You can use my Smug Mug coupon a0rrvSicVVqE2

Rick-Matassa.smugmug.com/
  • speedsk8rspeedsk8r Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    Your comps are the bomb,the mood is just right 4 these photo's very nice.
    edited December 14, 2008
    DavidTO wrote:
    Zackson, when embedding your photos you can put more than one in each post, and this is much preferred for viewing on dgrin. If you need any help (although it look like you've got embedding images down pretty well), you can use the tutorial linked in my signature. thumb.gif

Okie dokie... Will do that in the next thread.
    I am not a photographer.
    edited December 14, 2008
    mayassa wrote:
    I liked al your shots, great series...

Thanks Mayassa. :)
    I am not a photographer.
    edited December 14, 2008
    speedsk8r wrote:
    Your comps are the bomb,the mood is just right 4 these photo's very nice.

Thanks Speedsk8r.
    I am not a photographer.
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    beautifull work! lovely expressions! thumb.gifthumb.gifbowdown.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
    edited December 16, 2008
    beautifull work! lovely expressions! thumb.gifthumb.gifbowdown.gif

Thanks Chrissiebeez_NL
    I am not a photographer.