Another Nik Silver Efex Pro Shot

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited December 11, 2008 in Landscapes
Here is another Nik Silver Efex shot taken of Skiddaw. I would appreciate your comments as I find there is so much one can do and change with this plugin.
Regards
Bob

432928204_F6Uzf-L.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    Hi Bob,

I have to say that I am not seeing much difference between this version and the other b/w, except that maybe it looks more sepia toned. What is it supposed to be doing? headscratch.gif
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Hi Bob,

I have to say that I am not seeing much difference between this version and the other b/w, except that maybe it looks more sepia toned. What is it supposed to be doing? headscratch.gif

Thanks for looking Schmoo. I thought I would do this image from a previous image I posted in colour to see if it was better in B & W.
    Regards
    Bob
  • PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    Bob, if you don't mind some creative counseling, I would suggest a bit more tonality separation on the mountain layers and from the sky. Do you use Nik's Viviza plug-in by chance? It is a great way to localize separation in certain areas of your photo.

Cheers!
    Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
  • davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    How about posting the pre-effect image next to the one in the original post?
    edited December 11, 2008
    Pezpix wrote:
    Bob, if you don't mind some creative counseling, I would suggest a bit more tonality separation on the mountain layers and from the sky. Do you use Nik's Viviza plug-in by chance? It is a great way to localize separation in certain areas of your photo.

Cheers!

I don't mind at all Pezpix I need all the help I can get. I have downloaded the plug-in. Can you give me any directions on the best way to go about adding more tonality separation on the mountain layers and the sky. Thanks for your kind help.
    Regards
    Bob
    edited December 11, 2008
    How about posting the pre-effect image next to the one in the original post?

Hi Dave, was this the image you wanted? This was the original image I changed to black and white.
    Regards
    Bob.

431503501_EZDau-L.jpg
    edited December 12, 2008
    alexkhoo82 wrote:
    You have created a "wow" from my mouth.. Very nice shot..

Thanks Alex for looking and replying.
    Regards
    Bob