Question about SOOC and metadata

Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited December 8, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
In the metadata of my picture, I noticed it has a Date Modified time. I was expecting this to be blank, but it has a time that is off from the Date Taken time by an hour and some seconds. I shot NEF + JPG, and I just uploaded the JPG. Is this modified time normal or acceptable... or disqualify-able? Is this modified time a result of the smugmug "image processing" that happens when you upload a picture? I'm at a loss to explain it really.

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    Pat664422 wrote:
    In the metadata of my picture, I noticed it has a Date Modified time. I was expecting this to be blank, but it has a time that is off from the Date Taken time by an hour and some seconds. I shot NEF + JPG, and I just uploaded the JPG. Is this modified time normal or acceptable... or disqualify-able? Is this modified time a result of the smugmug "image processing" that happens when you upload a picture? I'm at a loss to explain it really.

Can't answer the question, but as long as both dates are within the challenge period - which is the reason that exif data is a requirement - I don't think it will be a big deal....