Pacific Northwest Coast

Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
edited December 9, 2008 in Landscapes
Here are some shots from this weekend. Talk about cold! Oh and waves are sneaky creatures! Let me know what you think!

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040-1.jpg

Comments

• ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    Wow. Love the 2nd and 3rd ones.
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    kts wrote:
    Wow. Love the 2nd and 3rd ones.

Thanks! In the pictures it looks so nice and warm but it was anything but that!
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    i like the light on the seagull in the first one, but the composition and lighting in the second are best IMHO. where were these taken?
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    In the first one, my only comment is that you have to get the horizon level for a sea/beachscape. It's so far off on this image that I can't see anything else.

I really like the second image. I'm on a bad monitor so can't really say much about the color. IMO there's a bit too much empty sky. If there was a lot a cloud and color it would be fine. But it's a little too much for an empty sky like this. Personally I'd like it better in an 8x10 format.ne_nau.gif
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • fotoeffectsfotoeffects Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    I like the third one...it has a very moody atmosphere.
    Here are some shots from this weekend. Talk about cold! Oh and waves are sneaky creatures! Let me know what you think! I like third one especially...it has a very moody atmosphere.

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040-1.jpg
    I like the third one. It has a very moody atmosphere.
    edited December 9, 2008
    In the first one, my only comment is that you have to get the horizon level for a sea/beachscape. It's so far off on this image that I can't see anything else.

I really like the second image. I'm on a bad monitor so can't really say much about the color. IMO there's a bit too much empty sky. If there was a lot a cloud and color it would be fine. But it's a little too much for an empty sky like this. Personally I'd like it better in an 8x10 format.ne_nau.gif

Thank you for your comments! I am still really new at digital photography so I am not sure what to look for in editing pictures and such. I agree with you about the sky. I kept it in their because I liked the coloring. I appreciate your comments and I can guarantee you are only going to see better from me. I plan on upgrading to the D300 when I feel I have mastered my D60.

Here is a fixed copy of the first one!
    DSC_0017-1.jpg
    edited December 9, 2008
    squirl033 wrote:
    i like the light on the seagull in the first one, but the composition and lighting in the second are best IMHO. where were these taken?

I live on Whidbey Island in Washington and these were shot on West Beach. Its a really nice place for a lot of good sunset scenarios.
    edited December 9, 2008
    learnin wrote:
    I like the third one. It has a very moody atmosphere.

Thanks! I really like that one too!
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    Great shots. I love the subtlety of the peninsula in the BG on #1. And yes, always watch those sneaker waves; they have grabbed many. ne_nau.gif
    Growing with Dgrin

edited December 9, 2008
    leaforte wrote:
    Great shots. I love the subtlety of the peninsula in the BG on #1. And yes, always watch those sneaker waves; they have grabbed many. ne_nau.gif

Thanks! Ya that little bird was a tricky fella and was giving me a hard time to get a good shot.
  • jstpeterjstpeter Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    The first one is much better with the straight horizon!
    Would love to hear from you on my blog, or website!
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    I live on Whidbey Island in Washington and these were shot on West Beach. Its a really nice place for a lot of good sunset scenarios.

ah... okay. the thread title made me think it was out on the ocean somewhere. there are definitely some pretty spots on Whidbey; the Deception Pass area is one of my favorites...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
    edited December 9, 2008
    jstpeter wrote:
    The first one is much better with the straight horizon!
    Thanks! I guess I just need to learn a little more post work! Thanks for looking at my pics!
    edited December 9, 2008
    squirl033 wrote:
    ah... okay. the thread title made me think it was out on the ocean somewhere. there are definitely some pretty spots on Whidbey; the Deception Pass area is one of my favorites...

I have taken a couple of Deception Pass but I am waiting for snow to get some really good shots! If you ever head up this way let me know! I would love to shot some more with someone who really knows how to do a lot more things.