Options

purchasing downloads

kitkirkkitkirk Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited December 9, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I set pricing for my clients to purchase individual downloads, but with every photo there is a note that the photo is too small to purchase a download. What's going on?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    Hello, let's see the photos in question, okay?
  • Options
    kitkirkkitkirk Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    Andy,

There are a few in my gallery titled "Scott" -- here's a link directly to the photo:
    http://kitkirkphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/6728797_N28Jt#430840355_F7RPn

My confusion is that lots of other photos in that gallery ARE downloadable -- why is that one (and a few others) not?

I suppose it is as simple as that photo not being high-res enough to download?

Kit
    www.kitkirkphotography.com
  • Options
    ShamguessShamguess Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    Kit,
    Go back to "set prices" under the tool bar. At the bottom of the price list you will probably find that you have only set a price for high res images and not low res. It's two seperate prices you have to set up.
  • Options
    timganglofftimgangloff Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    Check resolution
    I would suggest you check the resolution. I think if you have a low res file, you can sell a low res version and you can sell the "original" file-even if it is low res as it is still seen by smugmug as the original file, but you might not be able to sell the mid-sized one. If the file is really small, it might not even let you sell the low res version. I don't think you have to offer all of the sizes, and I think you can just offer originals or low-res if you want to.
    Shamguess wrote:
    Kit,
    Go back to "set prices" under the tool bar. At the bottom of the price list you will probably find that you have only set a price for high res images and not low res. It's two seperate prices you have to set up.