Please Help

themastersimagethemastersimage Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited December 9, 2008 in Finishing School
I have lost the "tools" from the top tool bar on my photoshop CS2. I have no idea where it went or how to get it back. I have tried to reset my presets but nada. Adobe only wants to sell me CS4 so I can't get any help. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME??? I always did my batch rename from the "tools" bar so now I'm lost.
thanks sooooo much.
tmi

Comments

• digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Do you still have the menu bar? (File, Edit, Layer, etc.)

If so, look under the Window pulldown. You will see Tools there. Click on it to check it.

You may have also accidently hidden the toolbar by hitting the Tab key. You can toggle the toolbar on/off with the tab key.
  • arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    I have lost the "tools" from the top tool bar on my photoshop CS2. I have no idea where it went or how to get it back. I have tried to reset my presets but nada. Adobe only wants to sell me CS4 so I can't get any help. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME??? I always did my batch rename from the "tools" bar so now I'm lost.
    thanks sooooo much.
    tmi

Assuming you don't have the entire toolbar hidden (tab key) next step is to delete the Photoshop preferences.

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop or ImageReady. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/