Edge of the Urban Landscape

NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
edited December 10, 2008 in Landscapes
Dear Friends:

A set of different images of an urban landscape. I don't think they fit as well in other forums and I hope you take them here, but I understand if they need to be moved. These were taken yesterday at a play field nearby. I was captivated by the quotidian feel of the site (in an urban, industrial area, with a neighborhood behind it, a big stand of woods to one side) the low lying fog that covered it, the geese all around it, and the cry of hawks that came from the woods (at least I think that was a hawk I saw flying. It could have been a bigger raptor). I had on a 50mm 1.8 again and decided to go for it. The BW conversion I felt captured best the combination of those elements above.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

day1.jpg

day2.jpg

day3.jpg

day4.jpg

Best,

Nacho
Exposure Latitude(s).com
"The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    Wow, I really like your composition and processing. What did you use to convert these in black and white? I especially like the first and third!
  • NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    Thank you Eia. I went the way of Nik's Silver Efex Pro, choosing a basic conversion, adding a bit of contrast, a yellow filter. I definitely tweaked a few more things after that, including darkening the top first third of the image (the Geese image), adding a very light midnight filter touch and enhancing local contrast and applying USM. I also brought up the shadow areas a bit.

No particular special mojo, but the Geese image for me does have "duende."

Best, and thanks again,

N
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
    "The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho