DSS14 - stilldeath

pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
edited December 11, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
What do you guys think?, i've been grooming this idea for a while =c)
433788868_PMo2C-O.jpg
pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    I like it because it is different...and I like the light...especially since it is strait out of the camera...Confession...Laughing.gif... I have been playing with something similar!
  • Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    I think it's a very cool pic - the lighting and contrast is very impressive!
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    The light and the contrast a excellant. B&W have always been a fav of mine since I started photography.
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • hurricanestevehurricanesteve Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    hey pyro, long time no speak...love your stuff as always. my 2 cents, with utmost respect!: (1) can see the background and since it's SOOC, gotta fix it the old fashioned way, otherwise the lighting is perfect for the subject (2) the crop is killing the flow by cutting of the tip of the skull at the bottom and seems to close to the prong at the top right (3) not sure the bones below add anything as placed, since it is hard to see what they are (4) love the euro mount for the entry, but that straight on shot feels overplayed...might i humbly suggest some test shots of a 3/4 angle to see if it feels fresher? (for lack of a better word considering your subject and title are dead and death mwink.gif )
  • TylwyddTylwydd Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    Nice shot : great light to reveal all the textures. Like the classic centered composition. Background is a bit disturbing on the right but not that much.
    Olympus fan :D : E520 ; ZD 50 mm ; ZD 14-54 mm ; ZD 50-200 mm SWD

http://tylwydd.smugmug.com/
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    Thanks for your feedback guys. I may try to reshoot tonight, if i have time, otherwise i'd be gone for the rest of the weekend.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section