My lastest creations...football posters inside

sonny_csonny_c Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
edited December 14, 2008 in Sports
I've had some free time over the past couple of weeks. This has allowed me to work on creating new custom poster designs. So far I'm pretty pleased with the overall concept of each one. I'm sure I'll be tweaking them a little.

C&C welcomed.

sample_01.jpg

sample_02.jpg

sample_03.jpg

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited December 10, 2008
    Of the three, I like the first. I'd also like to suggest making some subtle changes. 1st, the two background shots--maybe make them a bit more transparent? Also, lighten the players face a bit.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    I agree on #1 being the winner. All are very nice but for a poster the size of the 'filmstrip' images is a bit small. And while #3 is nice graphically it's just a bit odd for football - sure maybe a correlation to eagles - but the graphics in shot 1 just fit better to me. Plus the subject of the poster is more of a focus vs. #3 where the background competes for the viewer's attention. Still nicely done.
  • AZTarHeelAZTarHeel Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    A very nice job -- did you create the background for No. 1 from scratch? I like that look a lot ...
    "A sportswriter is entombed in a prolonged boyhood."
  • OnDeck29OnDeck29 Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    Fonts on first two posters?
    AZTarHeel wrote:
    A very nice job -- did you create the background for No. 1 from scratch? I like that look a lot ...

i like #1 best... perhaps if the filmstrip were larger with less photos - maybe large enough for just four or five it would be the right size..

what fonts did u use on each of the first two designs?
  • zack75144zack75144 Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2008
    These look cool, I like number 1 bestthumb.gif
    Zack www.zackjonesphotography.net
    EOS 7D, Zeiss 50mm f/1.4, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 200mm f/2.8L II, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 1.4 Ext II, 430EX, ST-E2, Tamrac Velocity 10X & Expeditioner 7 Bags.
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2008
    These are cool! Three very different looks. I think I like #1 best. On #3, I'm guessing it should say Klein Eagles rather than Hlein Eagles.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • rockcanyonphotosrockcanyonphotos Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2008
    NICE JOB!! if you don't mind sharing I would love to know what the technique was from making the backgrounds of #1 & 2. And I really like the font in #3.

regards, Kevin
    www.rockcanyonphotos.com

Canon 1DM4, 300mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8, 200mm 1.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 85mm 1.8
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    #1 for sure. I agree with everyone else about the film strip in #2 (to small) make it look like it was a last minute addition. #3 looks great with the exception of the trees and the water. If it was me I'd use the clouds as the entire background.
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • KCBearcatKCBearcat Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    These are cool! Three very different looks. I think I like #1 best. On #3, I'm guessing it should say Klein Eagles rather than Hlein Eagles.

I know it's not very distinct, but I think that is a K... there's a small notch on the right side... again, not very clear, but I think it is a K... ne_nau.gif
    Alan H.
    http://www.fountaincityphotography.com
    Camera Gear: Canon 400D (XTi), 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 75-300 f/4.0-5.6, 70-200 f/4 L, 50 f/1.8 II
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    KCBearcat wrote:
    I know it's not very distinct, but I think that is a K... there's a small notch on the right side... again, not very clear, but I think it is a K... ne_nau.gif

Hey, I think you're right! thumb.gif

Sorry about that, OP!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography