Miriam without clothes (NSFW)

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited May 28, 2010 in Go Figure
Well, here they are. Stack them up against Nik's, ad tell me what you think:

434406318_6BAzF-L.jpg

434406903_QgNhu-L.jpg

434413580_QyDMm-L.jpg

434425976_ZddSh-L.jpg

(I need to figure out how to edit out those scars!)

ann

Comments

• Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    Out of these I think that #3 is the one that seems to be the most compelling. Without the bridge arch that Nik had Miriam seems contoured to me.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    PreachermanPreacherman Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    Hi Ann

I love the first shot. The combination of the smooth model allied to the way that you have caught the detail in the wood and metal of the base makes it for me. Great pose as well

IMHO leave the scars..they are part of a beautiful subject and add rather than detract. But I realise I am probably alone here :D
  • Options
    BMW KurtBMW Kurt Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    Hi Ann

IMHO leave the scars..they are part of a beautiful subject and add rather than detract. But I realise I am probably alone here :D
    I agree that the scars should be left. It's kinda personal with me. My wife had breast cancer 5 years ago and had a lumpectomy. I do not think the scars make her any less attractive (at least to me). I do not know the cause of your model's scars, but I think it makes her human. Oh well, just my .02 worth. Great shots of a lovely model! thumb.gif
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    That first side view is terrific. Very nicely posed! Very nice. As far as her reduction scars go, probably just a li'l healing brush, eh?

cheers, tom
    tom wise
  • Options
    glennpglennp Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    I like both #1 & #2. I like the way the sharpness of the wood against her body. Nicely done!

glenn
  • Options
    edited December 13, 2008
    Out of these I think that #3 is the one that seems to be the most compelling. Without the bridge arch that Nik had Miriam seems contoured to me.

Thanks - I believe that the thing I have to learn is to shoot looser. As you know my primary subject is sports, and shooting tight is the way to be.

I wanted to capture Miriam's face too, well I suppose on the naked ones not so much....

ann
  • Options
    edited December 13, 2008
    Hi Ann

I love the first shot. The combination of the smooth model allied to the way that you have caught the detail in the wood and metal of the base makes it for me. Great pose as well

Thanks! That washed up dock was amazing - could not ask for a more wonderful location!

I will leave it to her re: scars. She clearly has no issues displaying her bod, but she may not want those included.

ann
  • Options
    edited December 13, 2008
    BMW Kurt wrote:
    I agree that the scars should be left. It's kinda personal with me. My wife had breast cancer 5 years ago and had a lumpectomy. I do not think the scars make her any less attractive (at least to me). I do not know the cause of your model's scars, but I think it makes her human. Oh well, just my .02 worth. Great shots of a lovely model! thumb.gif

Thanks, Kurt.
  • Options
    edited December 13, 2008
    angevin1 wrote:
    That first side view is terrific. Very nicely posed! Very nice. As far as her reduction scars go, probably just a li'l healing brush, eh?

cheers, tom

Thanks Tom. As I've mentioned, Nik was the poser (rolleyes1.gif ) and I just took advantage of it!
  • Options
    edited December 13, 2008
    glennp wrote:
    I like both #1 & #2. I like the way the sharpness of the wood against her body. Nicely done!

glenn

Thank you Glenn. I think #2 is my favorite of the bunch. When I saw her like that, I said to Christins: "She looks like a mermaid!"

ann
  • Options
    dwingedwinge Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited May 26, 2010
    #1 is beautifully composed and shot!

...And I would not edit the scars, unless the model specifically requests it, I ask that I can edit anything temporary, ie. acne, stray hairs, scratches, but I encourage models to keep in the image anything permanent, scars, tats etc.
  • Options
    PhotoLasVegasPhotoLasVegas Registered Users Posts: 264 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2010
    Laughing.gif wow, dug up from the grave!

Might as well give some C&C even though it's 2 years later!

I'm not big on #2, the skin folds and the weird transition between the rear end and leg is not flattering.

I NEVER EVER EVER remove "permanent" skin flaws - but scars are a grey area - I usually ask specifically about those.

The dirty feet on #1 are kinda distracting..

I'm not sure what is written on the platform, but it looks like "FU--" which is very distracting.

#1 is, though, the best of the bunch... and I think for the lighting limitations (looks like bright afternoon sun?) and likely a time limitation (nude in public, probably shooting fast!) it's a nice series. If the shoot was for her (ie. maybe for her husband or her own use), then I think it's very nice (with some editing). If she's a paid model and you are using these for your portfolio then I'd do a lot of post work and would consider removing the scars...
    Las Vegas Wedding, Family, and Special Event Photographers.

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
    70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
    And a bunch of other stuff ;)
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    Good memories... You (Ann), Miriam, April, Christina...iloveyou.gif
    Thank you for reminding of a fabulous day! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    justin24justin24 Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    was this at Baker Beach or across the GG bridge?