More HS Basketball

JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited December 14, 2008 in Sports
This gym was quite a bit darker than the gym from my last post. And I am really amazed at the level that these kids play at. They are big and fast......and not done growing yet! Thanks for looking, comments welcome.
434450012_djfjW-L.jpg

434449705_bLBms-L.jpg

434449646_GfWZo-L.jpg

434449612_M9a8A-L.jpg

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited December 11, 2008
    First and last are nice shots. Its all about reach.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Greyhound RickGreyhound Rick Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    Great action shots!!!

The visiting team looks like the Lakers!

Excellent job!
    Make a fast friend. Adopt a greyhound!!
  • KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    Hey John -- hope you're well. Great shots; I'm about to start shooting some HS hoops and can't use flash. In the past I've used a 50 f/1.4 from under the basket, but your shots look like you had more mobility than that so would you mind sharing what lens, flash/no flash, etc.? Thanks.

Kent
  • AZTarHeelAZTarHeel Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    The Bulldogs 20 dude is cut -- holy cow, would hate to step in and try to take a charge from him ... Nice shots -- I'm curious too which lens(es) you used...
    "A sportswriter is entombed in a prolonged boyhood."
  • JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2008
    KED wrote:
    Hey John -- hope you're well. Great shots; I'm about to start shooting some HS hoops and can't use flash. In the past I've used a 50 f/1.4 from under the basket, but your shots look like you had more mobility than that so would you mind sharing what lens, flash/no flash, etc.? Thanks.

Kent

Thanks Kent! These were all shot using ambient light. I used a Canon 135 f2L. I shot from the baseline just a little left of right of directly under the basket. You 50 might be a little short for this, but with the 135 I found that the corner of the court is a great to place to shoot from also....Good luck and make sure you post some shots.
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    great shots John :ivar
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    JohnEBongo wrote:
    Thanks Kent! These were all shot using ambient light. I used a Canon 135 f2L. I shot from the baseline just a little left of right of directly under the basket. You 50 might be a little short for this, but with the 135 I found that the corner of the court is a great to place to shoot from also....Good luck and make sure you post some shots.
    Did you shoot at f/2.0? That's the dilemma I'm wresting with -- I don't have your lens -- I have 50 f/1.4 or 70-200 f/2.8 -- I've shot JV under the basket with the 50 (at 2.0) with decent results. Lots of folks here like the 70-200 for hoop, but I can't imagine f/2.8 being adequate. Only one way to find out, I suppose! Yes, I will post anything I am proud of!