Grand Canyon is Sparta!

bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
edited December 12, 2008 in Landscapes
I took this single exposure, tonemapped in Photomatix, and finished it with Nik Silver and CS3. I was going for sort of a "300" look. There are two other similar images on my flickr page, but this was the best I think. Comments and suggestions welcomed. Thanks for looking!

3101797876_b975f61494_o.jpg

Comments

• bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2008
    Thanks!
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2008
    i like it, its a bit different than the "300" preset in have on LR...
    i would blacken the sky a bit more ...
    Aaron Nelson
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2008
    Bryan, looks great!! I think I prefer Grand Canyon - HDR 02 from your Flickr page a little bit more, but all 3 look amazing!!

My only suggestion would be to tone down the color a little bit... it's been a little while since I watched 300 but my memory says the colors just a little bit too dominant...headscratch.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2008
    That is nice i agree with CWSkopec
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2008
    Thanks everyone.

I was doing it from my memory (which isn't always that great!) of what the tones and colors were like in the movie. I didn't follow any tutorial or preset either.
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2008
    bryanj87 wrote:
    I took this single exposure, tonemapped in Photomatix, and finished it with Nik Silver and CS3. I was going for sort of a "300" look. There are two other similar images on my flickr page, but this was the best I think. Comments and suggestions welcomed. Thanks for looking!

AWESOME Bryan... love it

Cheers,