EAA Airventure 2008

WolftepWolftep Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited December 15, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I'm new to Dgrin, and have been mostly just reading and learning from the many fine posters on this site. I decided it was time to share something of my own, so here are some photos I took earlier this year at the EAA Airventure 2008 show in Oshkosh, WI. I took these using an Olympus E-500 with the Zuiko ED 70-300mm F4.0-5.6 lens. This was my first time ever shooting airplanes while in flight. Each is SOOC, as doing PP is something also fairly new to me. That being said, any comments are welcome. Thanks!

435232362_vxFyN-L.jpg
435232374_a5W8y-L.jpg
435232365_B6hQu-L.jpg
435232317_zZpLa-L.jpg
435232390_UqyLi-L.jpg
435232319_xxpkQ-L.jpg
435232331_gRdbF-L.jpg

Comments

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2008
    Nice shots, Tom! Very good work for your first time. You managed to get some nice prop blur - too many times people shoot props at a high shutter speed and freeze them, but you did a good job on these.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2008
    Wolftep wrote:
    I'm new to Dgrin, and have been mostly just reading and learning from the many fine posters on this site. I decided it was time to share something of my own, so here are some photos I took earlier this year at the EAA Airventure 2008 show in Oshkosh, WI. I took these using an Olympus E-500 with the Zuiko ED 70-300mm F4.0-5.6 lens. This was my first time ever shooting airplanes while in flight. Each is SOOC, as doing PP is something also fairly new to me. That being said, any comments are welcome. Thanks!

Hi there Wolftep, so this is your first post hey .... yippy clap.gif
    I like your first one, formation flying is awesome to watch.

Wow in number #6 you can see the downward vapours,
    I think its pretty cool how those jets can hover and do vertical take offs.

The parachute jumpers with the National Flags are always a colourful display to watch.

You did really well, thank you for posting, and I hope you will continue to post and share your work thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • alexkhoo82alexkhoo82 Banned Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    Nice series~

Thumbs UP! thumb.gif
  • WolftepWolftep Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    Thanks for the comments all!
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    Excellentthumb.gif.

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com