A Nik Silver Efek Image

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited December 14, 2008 in Landscapes
I did this in Nik Silver Efex Pro. What are your views on this? As I would love to know before I go any further. May I add it is not a cheap plug-in and its brother Viveza is more expensive but it is quite amazing what it can do. Not me as I am still learning.
Regards
Bob
This is Bruce's Stone in Glentrool, Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland.

435382414_ERN2f-L.jpg

Comments

• SteveFSteveF Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2008
    The effect on the stone and grass looks good. I guess I'd like to see a before / after and maybe an attempt in PS to do the same.

Only nit is the big dark blob in the middle of the sky - I'd try and fix that.
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2008
    SteveF wrote:
    The effect on the stone and grass looks good. I guess I'd like to see a before / after and maybe an attempt in PS to do the same.

Only nit is the big dark blob in the middle of the sky - I'd try and fix that.

Thanks for looking Steve and commenting.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2008
    Interesting image

That black spot seems like shadow of the rock :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited December 14, 2008
    Interesting image

That black spot seems like shadow of the rock :D

Thanks for looking Awais. Nooooo that is not a shaddow. I was playing around with another plug-in Viveza which deals with highlights and colour. If you look at www.niksoftware.com you will find it along with Nik Silver Efex Pro which you were quite interested in. If you want to know more it may be in your interest to PM me and I will be glad to help you.
    Regards
    Bob
  • baldmountainbaldmountain Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    I really like Sliver Efex Pro but $199 is too much for me. Especially as an amateur. I used the trial to convert a few images but uninstalled it since I knew I couldn't afford it. It does a really nice job adding film grain in an appealing way. Very textured.

The image is nice but the sky above the stone looks cup shaped. Almost like the stone is duplicated, flipped vertically and above the original. It would be nice to see more texture in the clouds, but you have to be careful of not making the "sky cup" even darker.
    geoff
    edited December 14, 2008
    I really like Sliver Efex Pro but $199 is too much for me. Especially as an amateur. I used the trial to convert a few images but uninstalled it since I knew I couldn't afford it. It does a really nice job adding film grain in an appealing way. Very textured.

The image is nice but the sky above the stone looks cup shaped. Almost like the stone is duplicated, flipped vertically and above the original. It would be nice to see more texture in the clouds, but you have to be careful of not making the "sky cup" even darker.

Yes it is a useful plug-in. I know it is expensive and I am finding the learning curve as they call it quite time consuming. At the time I did this image I only had the plug-in for a very short while. I have now sussed it out and got to grips with the Vivega and it really works great in colour images. The way it is going I just feel it is worth every penny knowing it is expensive.
    Bob