Hot Rods

Mr HeadMr Head Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited December 14, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I went up to Irwindale to the speedway to see the Moon Eyes Christmas Party and car show, and races. I wanted to play with my camera on manual.

With fairly overcast skies, I liked the light. I did some post processing, simple stuff, no hardcore PhotoShop. Just adjusting the exposure, with the HP photo tool.

A couple of my favorites. I like how it looks like one of those forties glamour shots taken with a soft focus lens.
435889016_4JYyu-M.jpg

This one almost looks like a cartoon,

435915986_kgoSg-M.jpg

This really looked purple but when I shot it looked blue. I think if I played some more with the color settings on the camera I could have pumped up the purple.

435913255_Wu88v-M.jpg

The post processing tool I used came with my scanner/printer, HP Image Zone. I used the "Adaptive Lighting" tool. Before processing the image looked really flat.
...Dick

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2008
    Nice shots. Shooting cars at shows is never easy...you did a good job.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Mr HeadMr Head Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited December 13, 2008
    Thanks, I took another shot at processing the purple car. Went hotter with the color temp and lowered the saturation.
    Came out more purple, but got flatter light, maybe a little more contrast? Tried that, but still not quite what I was after, closer though,

435969261_5FEKs-M.jpg
    ...Dick
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2008
    Beautiful looking cars and nice very photos. Really like the first car (the overall look)clap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    Mr Head wrote:
    I went up to Irwindale to the speedway to see the Moon Eyes Christmas Party and car show, and races. I wanted to play with my camera on manual.

With fairly overcast skies, I liked the light. I did some post processing, simple stuff, no hardcore PhotoShop. Just adjusting the exposure, with the HP photo tool.

A couple of my favorites. I like how it looks like one of those forties glamour shots taken with a soft focus lens.

This one almost looks like a cartoon,

This really looked purple but when I shot it looked blue. I think if I played some more with the color settings on the camera I could have pumped up the purple.

The post processing tool I used came with my scanner/printer, HP Image Zone. I used the "Adaptive Lighting" tool. Before processing the image looked really flat.

Nice work Mr Head......question, how the heck do you drive a car like that with it being soooooooo close to the ground headscratch.gif

Looks like it clears the ground by about 1 inch, or do my eyes deceive me?

I expect to see Roger Rabbit step out of one of those vehicles :D

Geezzz they keep their cars in good nik don't they thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Mr HeadMr Head Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    Suspensions are on airbags. Add a little air pressure and lift right off the ground. Nice plush ride to boot.

Then slide up the to curb, and drop it onto its belly. Cool as you please.
    ...Dick