Abandoned Hospital Interior

toadlettoadlet Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
edited December 14, 2008 in Landscapes
I have been working on some photos of interior shots from a former hospital site. Its part of a massive complex of buildings. Here are just a few from the many shots that I took on the day. Your thoughts are very much welcome.
436074541_oYZJH-L.jpg

436074518_hoX9x-L.jpg

436095999_XqFeT-L.jpg

436097674_aRK3e-L.jpg

436074535_ErkzT-L.jpg

436074519_eVLL6-L.jpg

436074523_yKd7F-L.jpg

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    Very nice series seems like great place for shooting. 6 and 7 are my favorites.thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    A new (to me?) side of you! I love this set: great light and you've made a potentially creepy place look warm and peaceful. (Funny how interpretations differ lol3.gif) Fantastic thumb.gif
  • ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    These are yummy.

HDRs? I'm usually not a fan of HDR but these are very well done to not make them look cartoony. thumb.gif

I would love to shoot this place. I dont recognize it, time for me to do some research! :)
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    I love this series, but I do not find it warm and peaceful. I find it mysterious and spooky rolleyes1.gifclap.gif
  • canghuixucanghuixu Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    Mysterious and spooky, but in a really good way. Maybe at a really, really high ISO setting you could also pick up images of the ghosts of the former patients who are haunting the place?
    dlplumer wrote:
    I love this series, but I do not find it warm and peaceful. I find it mysterious and spooky rolleyes1.gifclap.gif
  • SteveFSteveF Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    Really interesting series. You captured this location very well.

My favorite is #3 - really like the stacked doors and then the view down the hallway with the doors missing.

Only thing I might change on this one is trying to correct the perspective in the hallway - it appears the ceiling and floor are not parallel but diverging away from each other.
  • toadlettoadlet Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2008
    Thanks everyone for your comments, much apprecited. I am yet to PP a whole lot more photos from the area, this places are just fascinating and once you start you get hooked on them. There is just so much detail to be captured.