Ludmila: 2 b&w variants

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited May 15, 2005 in People
Priviet, dear friends!
First, spasibo for your /poems and variants of the photo / - Ludmila (I read them to her by phone) was very proud!
Now - I tried b&w with her. Strange thing - she likes this photo most of all (like I do), while her relatives and friends say is 'too dark'... I think that its more 'artistic' photo...
So
1)2277.jpg

After receiving some critiques I made another version:
2)
2281.jpg

Strange: one good guy pointed on the shadow on her neck on the first photo... I even didn't see this!!!
Very helpful critique!
So,
how do you like them?
(as for me, I like them *very* much:-)
Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    Priviet, Yuri

You make it tough to decide, but after scrolling back and forth serveral times, I'm with #1 thumb.gif
  • wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    Both are great - I want to like #2 better because it is less manipulated (not that there's anything wrong with that . . .)

BUT, I really, like #1. Thant's my pick.

Beautiful girl and a lot of personality in the shot.thumb.gif
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    I like number 2 better. (they are both great). I think the lightening of the neck shadow is an improvement. I like the increased hair highlights, but you darkened the eyes which gives them more pop, and the background is smoother.

I think its amazing how good they both look and how different they are, but I like 2 a little better.
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    I like them both. I'm immediately more drawn to #1 -- but on reflection I think #2 is probably the better picture.

Lee
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 14, 2005
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2005
    excellent shot, superb eyes. IMO, #2 is much better. in #1, the blurred part takes too much attention away and almost makes me dizzy
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2005
    Well, I can solve the mystery of the girl and the relatives. In the colored shots you have been doing she is very beautiful, but an innocent woman child.

In the first black and white one, I feel she has lost her innocence, and, of course, any young girl loves to look more sophisticated (sp?), and most of us old people wish they would never grow up.

I prefer the color ones the other day. I am with the relatives, not as to the darkness, but having seen the colored ones, I just can't go with the blk and white.

However, for her "portfolio", if that should be her desire, I would pick the first one as it is different for her and shows her flexibility as a model/actress.

ginger (Wonderful photography, though.)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Well, I can solve the mystery of the girl and the relatives. In the colored shots you have been doing she is very beautiful, but an innocent woman child.

In the first black and white one, I feel she has lost her innocence, and, of course, any young girl loves to look more sophisticated (sp?), and most of us old people wish they would never grow up.

I prefer the color ones the other day. I am with the relatives, not as to the darkness, but having seen the colored ones, I just can't go with the blk and white.

However, for her "portfolio", if that should be her desire, I would pick the first one as it is different for her and shows her flexibility as a model/actress.

ginger (Wonderful photography, though.)
    Very interesting comment, Ginger!
    Spasibo