A lovely afternoon with grandgrandmother

Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited May 23, 2005 in People
On mothersday my wife went to see her mother. So what did I do? I went to see my mom. :D And for a change I brought two of our grandchildren. So you can say we had a 4 generation meeting though my daughter took some time off. "Don't hurry, dad, take your time, :D:D ", read "stay away for a couple of hours". So here is what we did. All pictures shot with 828 f32x with diffuser.
My mom is an expert in making postcards. All kind of but this day it was sand cards time. Here is a pic "checking the colors".

21663385-L.jpg

Sophie found an empty bottle. "Can you believe this, granddad?, this one is empty!" :scratch

21663388-L.jpg

Explanation and training :):

21663396-L.jpg

Sophie was really doing very well!:clap I was amazed about her concentration and controll.

21663399-L.jpg
So was her big sister. Working very thorough. :clap

21663404-L.jpg

IMO these kind of meetings are so very important. They will remember for a long time. :thumb

21663402-L.jpg

Sophie is always cooperative and makes a perfect model.

21663410-L.jpg

Nina shows the result of her work.

21663412-L.jpg

Boy, was she happy with her clown! "Did I create this piece of art?"

21663416-L.jpg

Here is how a happy and treated child looks like.

21663382-L.jpg

And here is a happy Sophie, yes, for Sophie it's allways all about the food.

21663430-L.jpg

Thank you for watching and yes, I am a lucky and happy granddad!

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    Lovely Adrian
    On mothersday my wife went to see her mother. So what did I do? I went to see my mom. :D And for a change I brought two of our grandchildren. So you can say we had a 4 generation meeting though my daughter took some time off. "Don't hurry, dad, take your time, :D:D ", read "stay away for a couple of hours". So here is what we did. All pictures shot with 828 f32x with diffuser.
    My mom is an expert in making postcards. All kind of but this day it was sand cards time. Here is a pic "checking the colors".

Thank you for watching and yes, I am a lucky and happy granddad!
    My mother is also a very talented lady who enjoys sewing and handcrafts, her mother was the same......can't say the same for me or my sister rolleyes1.gif
    Hey I find just being Left Handed challenging enough for me :lol4
    You are right in saying that these visits are very special for the children, my neice is now 13 years old and she still looks forward to seeing what grandma has been making since the last time she visited :D
    Thanks for sharing your family Adrian........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    If I was not in sweets I would go in ...
    Skippy wrote:
    My mother is also a very talented lady who enjoys sewing and handcrafts, her mother was the same......can't say the same for me or my sister rolleyes1.gif
    Hey I find just being Left Handed challenging enough for me :lol4
    You are right in saying that these visits are very special for the children, my neice is now 13 years old and she still looks forward to seeing what grandma has been making since the last time she visited :D
    Thanks for sharing your family Adrian........ Skippy (Australia)
    card making. Boy, this is a big industry. So many elderly people are doing this, even running all there own websites and stuff. Of course there is a lot of cheating and illegal copies are made in mass amounts. Still I think it's good business. But what do you know? My sweets keep me more then busy and then there is always ...photography. clap.gif
    Thanks for watching and see you around.
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 14, 2005
    Adrian: Great pictures, lovely story and 2 very beautiful little girls. The entire set is lovely but THIS picture is amazing! Thanks for sharing.

21663410-L.jpg
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gif

Thanks for sharing these. What beautiful children.
    edited May 14, 2005
    Angelo, I think you picked my favorite!
    Angelo wrote:
    Adrian: Great pictures, lovely story and 2 very beautiful little girls. The entire set is lovely but THIS picture is amazing! Thanks for sharing.
    Yeah, that's #1 for me as well. Thanks for looking and encouraging words! I really appreciate.
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    Grandchildren are so much fun
    What interesting photos! Sand cards, huh? They came out quite well too! I enjoyed the portraits of the grandchildren on the wall, yours? :):
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    Lovely series.. I really enjoyed sharing that time with them.. thanks clap.gif
    edited May 14, 2005
    GREAPER wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif

Thanks for sharing these. What beautiful children.
    I thought I love this sign, 15524779-Ti.gif and wanted to ask where does it come from. Then I clicked on more, woo, there is a whole bunch of them. :D
    Anyway, thanks Brian, for your comment and sign 15524779-Ti.gifgiggle :giggle :giggle
    edited May 14, 2005
    Dee, you have a sharp eye :)
    Dee wrote:
    What interesting photos! Sand cards, huh? They came out quite well too! I enjoyed the portraits of the grandchildren on the wall, yours? :):
    I was wondering if somebody would recognize the pictures. Here is one of them, shot with 717. I posted it before on STF. I love this one because it expresses her character so well by that time. Very sensitive. She still is but she is growing up now.

2824949-L.jpg
    edited May 15, 2005
    Thanks, Lynn
    lynnma wrote:
    Lovely series.. I really enjoyed sharing that time with them.. thanks clap.gif
    You are welcome, thanks for your nice words.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2005
    There is a photo of one of them hanging on the wall.clap.gif

Wonderful set of photographs to help memories along, of a wonderful day.

(Hey, my grandmother cooked.) I say, "stop running or you are dead", and I take their photos. My youngest daughter's kids like me. They are still young, kind of like your grandchildren, and that daughter keeps talking me up.

I have teenage grandsons, a different experience. Especially as that mother, my oldest, she believes in letting her children have free expression. One of them went to work in an old folks home, he is civil now, when he is there.

Your grandkids are adorable! As is your mother, or grandmother.

Great set!

ginger (thanks for sharing)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
    edited May 15, 2005
    Hi there Ginger
    ginger_55 wrote:
    There is a photo of one of them hanging on the wall.clap.gif

Wonderful set of photographs to help memories along, of a wonderful day.

(Hey, my grandmother cooked.) I say, "stop running or you are dead", and I take their photos. My youngest daughter's kids like me. They are still young, kind of like your grandchildren, and that daughter keeps talking me up.

I have teenage grandsons, a different experience. Especially as that mother, my oldest, she believes in letting her children have free expression. One of them went to work in an old folks home, he is civil now, when he is there.

Your grandkids are adorable! As is your mother, or grandmother.

Great set!

ginger (thanks for sharing)
    whoo, teenage grandsons, that must be interesting :D. I have good memories about my children being teenagers. They are so vulnerable because they think they have to act as a grown up but in the same moment they have to learn how to be a grown up. They need our full support on these moments more then ever. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for the compliment about the pictures and the kids. Yeah, they are real dolls. I love them dearly. Thanks again.
  • JesusVJesusV Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited May 23, 2005
    Hi Adrian, lovely story...
    looks like you had a great time with the potcards and taking pictures. Beautiful candids and story... but I am affraid that you do not deserve any award this time... no way you take bad shots having Nina and Sophie as models. rolleyes1.gif

See you,

JESUS
    edited May 23, 2005
    Hi there Jesus, long time no see
    JesusV wrote:
    looks like you had a great time with the potcards and taking pictures. Beautiful candids and story... but I am affraid that you do not deserve any award this time... no way you take bad shots having Nina and Sophie as models. rolleyes1.gif

See you,

JESUS
    Where have you been? :D I hope you are doing fine. So you found dgrin too. Pretty good place to hang around. I only miss the "my threads" feature and asked for it yesterday. Robin said he would have a look at it.
    No award this time? It would have been my first anyway ne_nau.gif I think the reward has been paid in front :D All these lovely (grand)children!