Options

CS4 activating a layer by clicking?

GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
edited December 18, 2008 in Finishing School
Hi!

Is there a way of activating a layer by clicking it on the document, instead of clicking on the layer's palette? I used PSE 6.0 for mac before. I used to just click on the layer and it would become active.
Now, when I want to switch between layers on the document itself, I find myself having to click on the layers palette to make it active.. I am sure I am not selecting something.. right? :scratch

Also, I want to be able to resize the image by dragging its corners like I used to in PSE 6.0, how do I do this in CS4?

Thank you for your response!!!
GG

Comments

• Options
    wildviperwildviper Registered Users Posts: 560 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    I don't have CS4 yet, but on CS3, CS2...i use CTRL-Click on the image and it would select that layer. Becomes tough if you have multiple objects on top of each other...but, otherwise is very good timesaver.

As for re-sizing..not sure. Ctrl-T and then resize??
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    WildViper
    From Nikon D70s > Nikon D300s & D700
    Nikon 50/1.8, Tamron 28-75/2.8 1st gen, Nikkor 12-24/4, Nikkor 70-200/2.8 ED VR, SB600, SB900, SB-26 and Gitzo 2 Series Carbon Fiber with Kirk Ballhead
  • Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    This depends on how you have Auto Select set up in the Options bar at the top of the screen when the Move tool is selected. If Auto Select is unchecked, you can't select by clicking.
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2008
    Thank you!!
    colourbox wrote:
    This depends on how you have Auto Select set up in the Options bar at the top of the screen when the Move tool is selected. If Auto Select is unchecked, you can't select by clicking.

I checked auto select and VOILA!!! sweet... now I select by clicking.. pretty sweet!!
    now, I just have to find the paintbucket.. where is that paint bucket!!?
  • Options
    TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    GemGem wrote:
    I checked auto select and VOILA!!! sweet... now I select by clicking.. pretty sweet!!
    now, I just have to find the paintbucket.. where is that paint bucket!!?

I'm looking at it right now it should be directly under the eraser. If you press 'G' you open up that tool group. There you have the gradient tool and the pait bucket. Hope this helps.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2008
    ??
    Trevlan wrote:
    I'm looking at it right now it should be directly under the eraser. If you press 'G' you open up that tool group. There you have the gradient tool and the pait bucket. Hope this helps.

Hey Frank.. I must be missing something, I see the gradient tool, but not paint bucket.. I am edit/fill to fill a layer with color.

Thanks!!
    GG
  • Options
    AnthonyAnthony Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    GemGem wrote:
    Hey Frank.. I must be missing something, I see the gradient tool, but not paint bucket.. I am edit/fill to fill a layer with color.

Thanks!!
    GG

Click and press the gradient tool; this will activate the flyout menu and you will see the bucket. All the icons with a small black triangle in the corner have a flyout menu for additional tools.

Anthony.
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2008
    How easy was that!?
    Thank you Anthony.. I am fall in love with CS4 everyday... it is just awesome!!