Unusual Christmas Decoration

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited December 16, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I found these large ornaments floating in a pond at the Botanic Gardens last week. The wind picked up fiercely just as I got to the gardens, so I had to look for something other than flowers to shoot. Went to the fountains and this is what I found! C&C welcomed.

#1.
434789702_5w5M8-L.jpg

#2.
434789531_qgXNr-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• jstpeterjstpeter Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    Interestign find. :D I am curious if the wind put those in there as well. As for a critique. Without your description it is hard to tell what I am looking at. It all just seems to be a bunch of shapes and such in your frame no real composition or pattern. If you were going for abstract I woluld have gotten in even closer and looked for some repeating paterns in some of the balls. If not goign for an abstract I would have stepped back and captured more of the pond so we can see these are Christmas ornaments in a pond and what a weird scene it was.
    Would love to hear from you on my blog, or website!
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    Hi REDLEASH.......I like the first one the best.....You might try cropping out the concrete and just have the ornaments and water.....
    Nice capture and thanks for sharing.....
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    Based on the great comments so far, here are some new versions for your viewing pleasure.

#1 Full view of fountain to put things in context
    437793161_fWnm2-M.jpg

#2 Previous version with concrete cropped out
    437794216_7Wz2p-M.jpg

#3 Nothing but ornaments - no discernible pattern unfortunately
    437796687_n7ExU-M.jpg

#4 Total abstract - created by rotating zoom while shutter was open
    437795406_JvP2p-M.jpg

I welcome more comments. I may go out again today or tomorrow to see what I can capture based on everyone's suggestions.

Thanks,
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    Nice series redleashthumb.gif......I like two and three the best. When I show a pic. in landscape format I make it 800px wide. I think they show better....