Options

Writing XMP data to JPEGs

wildviperwildviper Registered Users Posts: 560 Major grins
edited December 15, 2008 in Finishing School
I really hate XMP files cause I can't email just the JPEG to someone and expect them to see the keywords I assign. I have to send them the XMP file as well. Who thought of this genius idea???? Or for that matter upload to SmugMug. I can't upload XMPs...can I?

Some people will love the XMPs because it is non-destructive and all, but I don't care for it. I rather have ONE file with all this info. And no, DNGs don't work cause my family & friends can't open this unless they have special software.

How can I have XMP data written to its respective JPEGs? There has to be a program for this no?

I have LR 2.1, PS CS3 and assign my keywords in LR 2.1. I shoot in NEF Raw and JPEG mode.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
WildViper
From Nikon D70s > Nikon D300s & D700
Nikon 50/1.8, Tamron 28-75/2.8 1st gen, Nikkor 12-24/4, Nikkor 70-200/2.8 ED VR, SB600, SB900, SB-26 and Gitzo 2 Series Carbon Fiber with Kirk Ballhead

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    Just export your images from LR and you will get new JPEGs that have all edits baked into the JPEG bits and all the metadata included in the JPEG file. That's just how Lightroom works. Inside of LR, it's non-destcructive with edits kept in the catalog (and optionally shadowed to XMPs). Outside of LR via export, everything is baked into the exported file just like you are asking.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question