Meet Parker...

BriggieBriggie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
edited December 18, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Here's one I took of a friend's little kitty! Just got Aperture, and now having fun retouching my pics... CC are always welcome!

437480210_pVd9Y-XL.jpg
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

My Smug Gallery

Comments

• ScottoScotto Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    Very sharp :D

The vignette around the edge just makes the photo a whole lot better

Give it a 'Thumbs Up' on SmugMug as well
    My SmugMug | Follow me on Twitter | iChat: ScottMacUser
  • BriggieBriggie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    thanks, Scotto! Still learning the Aperture software, but so far its pretty intuitive!
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

My Smug Gallery
  • Andrew GouldAndrew Gould Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    A nice pose you've caught here. Beautiful tones and contrast.
  • Shootin1stShootin1st Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    Just excellent.
    Constructive Criticism Welcome!
    All photos are Copyrighted and Registered. Please don't use without permission.

5DSR 16-35 2.8L III 24-70 2.8L II 70-200 2.8L IS II
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    Very good! I love the lighting!
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    Great shot! I left a comment in your gallery also. I like it!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    Beautiful pet portrait! (and i'm not a cat lover :D )
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    I am very much a cat lover ( got 3 Burmese ) and you did a terrific job with this shot. The cat's personality really comes through.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    Composition, processing, pose, lighting, subject . . .

. . . Beautiful picture! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
    edited December 17, 2008
    Wow!! Thanks Folks!! You're all making me blush!! I had no idea how much a little post proc goes a long way! Thanks for the encouragement! Think i'll be pulling out some old shots and reworking them over the holidays!!clap.gif So much fun to have a good PP program! Lovin' Aperture 2! Couldn't get into photoshop elements for some reason! It doesn't like macs too much!

Parker's a little cutie too! Easy to photograph! ;-)

Cheers All!!

My Smug Gallery
    edited December 17, 2008
    Travis wrote:
    Beautiful pet portrait! (and i'm not a cat lover :D )

well, that's gotta say something!! mwink.gif

My Smug Gallery
    edited December 17, 2008
    A nice pose you've caught here. Beautiful tones and contrast.

Thank you Andrew! I'm learning to work with curves, or atleast Aperture's version. And the white balance 'eye dropper' tool is really helpful! You'll be sure i'll be shooting RAW from now on!! mwink.gif

My Smug Gallery
    edited December 17, 2008
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    Very good! I love the lighting!

It was a nice sunny fall day in a well lit south facing livingroom! gotta love natural light! Thanks for looking!!

My Smug Gallery
    edited December 17, 2008
    I am very much a cat lover ( got 3 Burmese ) and you did a terrific job with this shot. The cat's personality really comes through.

Tom

Thanks Tom! *blush*

My Smug Gallery
    edited December 17, 2008
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    Composition, processing, pose, lighting, subject . . .

. . . Beautiful picture! thumb.gif

Thanks sooo much Lee!!

My Smug Gallery
    edited December 17, 2008
    redleash wrote:
    Great shot! I left a comment in your gallery also. I like it!

Thanks for the kind s/m comments, Lauren!

My Smug Gallery
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    Howdy,

What a wonderful Portrait of a beautiful Mouser, great lighting and details, and the composition is very pleasing to the eye and really enhances this beautiful shot.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited December 18, 2008
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy,

What a wonderful Portrait of a beautiful Mouser, great lighting and details, and the composition is very pleasing to the eye and really enhances this beautiful shot.

Thanks Panther!! He's a bit of a "princess", so not sure about the mousing skills!:D But his certainly a stunning feline!! Thanks for looking!!

My Smug Gallery
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2008
    I am also a cat lover, although I take more pictures of my two dogs than my cats. You've inspired me to shoot my cats more.

I am also an Aperture user and share your comment about PS Elements. I am expecting PS CS4 from Santa, but mostly for graphics stuff. I do most of my PP in Aperture and it works well. I only do the basics and I know it has more power than I am using. I'd appreciate seeing more of your work and any tips you might share as you get further into the software.

Thanks again for sharing this great shot!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited December 18, 2008
    redleash wrote:
    I am also a cat lover, although I take more pictures of my two dogs than my cats. You've inspired me to shoot my cats more.

I am also an Aperture user and share your comment about PS Elements. I am expecting PS CS4 from Santa, but mostly for graphics stuff. I do most of my PP in Aperture and it works well. I only do the basics and I know it has more power than I am using. I'd appreciate seeing more of your work and any tips you might share as you get further into the software.

Thanks again for sharing this great shot!

Lauren

Well, i'm happy to have inspired you...but i do not condone "shooting cats"!! shame on you!!! :D:D

To be honest, i've just started working with aperture myself (last saturday, actually!!), but found the info on the apple website to be very informative!! Here's the link:

http://www.apple.com/aperture/tutorials/

The video tutes are particularly helpful!! Luckily, Aperture is super intuitive which makes it easy to start using it immediately! I promise i'll share more as i go along...you should too!! :D

Brige

My Smug Gallery