Statue of Saint Anthony - Improvements?

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited December 17, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Here is a statue of Saint Anthony of Padua that sits along the San Antonio Riverwalk. I loved this one when I saw it in camera and was still pretty happy with the lighting when I saw it on screen. What do you all think? Anything I should do to improve it?

#1 Original shot
437780110_LCB56-L.jpg

#2 Minor PP (crop, minor levels, contrast, sat, and sharpening adjustments)
437781768_BukG7-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• jstpeterjstpeter Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    It is too straight on for me to make it interesting. Try a different angle to make it stand out a little more. Also I am on my laptop and the blue tint seems a little strong so may just be me. I also think some fill light may help.
    Would love to hear from you on my blog, or website!
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    My birth name is Anthony. Nice capture.
    Growing with Dgrin

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    Thanks. I will try it again next time I am down there. Interesting about the "straight on" comment--I have spent the last 2 hours going through hundreds of shots and deleting most, as I am trying to get more critical of my own work. Going through my files, I noticed how many of my shots are at weird angles. I traditionally took most shots straight on and have tried to get away from that. This is one of the few recent shots I took straight because I thought it worked better. I will try a variety of perspectives next time.

It's easy enough to do since it only takes me about 20 minutes to get downtown. Got a few hours to spend? Just head down to the Riverwalk and shoot for a while--nice "problem" to have, eh? :D
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com