Options

Can I get rid of the green?

jcdilljcdill Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited December 17, 2008 in Finishing School
I've been asked to process and print a jpeg photo from the Total Solar Eclipse in China in August 2008. The photo is a composite (done by someone else) from photos taken by many on the trip. In the process of making the composite, the sky around the sun takes on blue/green/blue banding. I don't care about the banding, but I want to get rid of the color shift so that all the blues are the same blue. I'm pretty sure there's an easy way to do this in Photoshop with one of the adjustment layers, but I can't recall how.

I'm using Photoshop CS3 on a Mac (OS X 10.5.5). Thanks!
JC Dill - Equine Photographer, San Francisco & San Jose http://portfolio.jcdill.com
"Chance favors the prepared mind." ~ Ansel Adams
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

Comments

• Options
    kwcrowkwcrow Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    jcdill wrote:
    I've been asked to process and print a jpeg photo from the Total Solar Eclipse in China in August 2008. The photo is a composite (done by someone else) from photos taken by many on the trip. In the process of making the composite, the sky around the sun takes on blue/green/blue banding. I don't care about the banding, but I want to get rid of the color shift so that all the blues are the same blue. I'm pretty sure there's an easy way to do this in Photoshop with one of the adjustment layers, but I can't recall how.

I'm using Photoshop CS3 on a Mac (OS X 10.5.5). Thanks!

I suggest using curves on the green channel only and select a point on the curve matching the green band color and reducing that to your liking.
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    The attached image is way too small to be able to see the problem.

If you can somehow make a larger image available, I'll try my hand at it. I have an idea of something that might be very simple.
    If not now, when?